INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA - wrong artwork being returned to DMC  (Read 1787 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
DLNA - wrong artwork being returned to DMC
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:19:40 am »

I have a problem using PlugPlayer as the controller and MC as the server.  Again, it's another one of those problems where you don't know which side is causing the problem.

In the case of a container (album, folder etc) that has items which all have different artwork associated with them, PlugPlayer displays the correct thumbnail when browsing the content directory, but when an item is selected for playing, the wrong artwork is sometimes (about half of the time) displayed on the Now Playing screen.  This happens with all items regardless of whether it's an audio or video item. If I close PlugPlayer,although it remains int he backaground, and then restart it then the wrong artwork is dispalyed briefly but then the correct artwork replaces it, as though PlugPlayer has requested the artwork again and the correct URL has been returned this time.

I logged this on the PlugPlayer forum initially (see http://www.plugplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1067&p=3997#p3997), the feeling was that MC is returning the wrong URL when PlugPlayer requests the artwork for a second tim for display on Now Playing.

I have a picture to demonstrate clearly what's happening, but I don't know how to attach it to a post here...  :-[

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA - wrong artwork being returned to DMC
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:19:47 am »

Have you tried build 173 from the top of the MC16 board?  Bob found a problem with PP last week.  It may be fixed.

csimon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:42:26 am »

Yes, I had downloaded build 173 before starting playing music today.

I've now uploaded the pic to my web site: http://www.chris-simon.org.uk/wrong_artwork.jpg

The track that is playing is Jungle Rafts but you can clearly see from the content directory on the left hand side that the image shown is that of Nemesis Inferno.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 10:29:37 am »

Yes, I had downloaded build 173 before starting playing music today.

I've now uploaded the pic to my web site: http://www.chris-simon.org.uk/wrong_artwork.jpg

The track that is playing is Jungle Rafts but you can clearly see from the content directory on the left hand side that the image shown is that of Nemesis Inferno.
I noticed that once on my PP as well however when I traced it with wireshark and loaded the URI for the cover-art that we were returning it was the correct art. I concluded that PP was briefly showing the wrong art from it's cache and updated it when it got the metadata from the next getposition call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up