INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Hauppauge 2250 is not recording  (Read 1660 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
My Hauppauge 2250 is not recording
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:26 am »

I just noticed that my TV Tuner (Hauppauge 2250) is not recording anything. I have not been able to figure out what is wrong. Live TV is working and the shows are displayed as "set to record". I even tried to record a live program but it failed to record too. I reinstalled the program drivers and went back through the JRiver setup stuff but nothing seems out of place or setup wrong. Device manger in Win7 shows everything is working. Any ideas what I should check next?

Also, I have another Hauppage TV card (a 950Q) on a second computer which is setup the same way and it is recording so I think my MC setup is okay. I doubt the problem is with MC but maybe you point me in the right direction. Of course it could be a bad Card.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: My Hauppauge 2250 is not recording
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:48:09 am »

The only thing that comes to my mind is hard disk space.  Check your MC settings to find which hard disk drive is used for TV recording, and check how much free space is on that drive.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:50:38 pm »

I have a new HD (1TB) setup/installed just for recording, so space is not an issue. I'll try installing the Hauupage Win7TV program. If that doesn't fix it - I'll move it to another machine and see how it works.
Thanks for your suggestion.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »

I discovered that I can not record on either of my Client machines. I guess my previous recordings were from a time before I set up the Server Client relationship. :(

So for now, I am running each Client as a "stand-alone MC" (each with its own Library) then I setup importing media/content from the other computers so I still have access to all my movies and TV recordings stored on the (server) computer. This just takes more setup and maintenace time - but it works for now.

Once/if the TV recording and TV guide is "fixed" so it (TV Tuner/recording) can be  run on a Client machine, I'll switch back to the Server-Client setup.

CountryBumkin

2250 is not recording on Client - Yaobing, are you working on this fix?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:49:47 am »

Yaobing,
Are you working on finding a way for Client machines to record locally and save their TV guide data/settings locally?

I believe you acknowledged that there is an issue with the client machines data getting their TV guide data/settings over-written whenever there is a MC update applied. That I can live with. 

But, I really need to be able to record TV to my local HD on the client machine - so please fix this if you can.  :'(

I have now set up my client machines to act as standalone HTPCs so I can record to them for the tiem being, but now I lose the ability to administer/update/tag all of my media data from one (server) computer.

Thnak you.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:22:51 pm »

I am sorry to tell you that there will not be a quick fix for this one.  Currently the TV component works the best when the tuner is on a stand-alone computer.  Not so good when the tuner is on a LS client or on the server because in one case you can only watch live shows while in the other case you can only record.  My intermediate goal is to make it work the best when the tuner is on the server.  That means I will make it work so you can watch live TV shows on a client when the tuner is on the server.  The ultimate goal is to make it work on a LS client, regardless where the tuner is.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 05:39:48 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. Good luck with the programming. I can only imagine how hard/complicated this is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up