INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File import problems  (Read 1509 times)

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
File import problems
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:28:53 pm »

This is an on going sporadic problem.  I tried to import a flac album.  The window finished and said no files imported.  I tried again and got no files imported but the screen flipped like it does when you import successfully.  I checked and they were there but in duplicates.  So I deleted the files and tried to re-import.  No, the ignore previously deleted files button is not checked.  Now it refuses to import the files.  I restarted computer and no help.  The album is good and not the problem.

This has been sort of an ongoing problem.  Many times I import files and it says no files imported but they are there anyway.  Sometimes they say no files imported and they aren't.  It might take a couple of times and then they finally show up.  I actually get no files imported more times than not even when it is a successful import.

If I just click on the files outside the program they will play.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
Re: Won't import files
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:15:43 pm »

Half the stuff I am trying to import is not importing.  But I set it up if I click a song in MY Music folder (not in Media Center yet) the song will play and import.  I have tried everything I can try to get some of these files to import and they won't.  But if I play from My Music they will import and I am having to do that to get files into Media Center.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:58:13 pm »

All I have to do is play one song from an album on the C drive (not in MC) and then the entire album shows up in MC.  They are showing up in duplicates of course..

At least I can get the music in MC.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 09:10:06 pm »

More to add..

This is running on a dedicated music server (Music Vault Diamond).  Not much runs on this server other than media oriented stuff and usually only one this at a time.  Everything else is running flawlessly but JRiver has been very slow to respond sometimes.  Like right now it takes almost a full minute for Get Cover Art from internet to not find anything.  It usually takes a couple of seconds to let you know it can't find anything.  Also, when I try to close MC it takes maybe 4-5 seconds to actually close.  It has been doing that for a while.  I don't know if this is my computer or MC but nothing else is running slow on the computer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:50:45 am »

This is an on going sporadic problem.  I tried to import a flac album.  The window finished and said no files imported.

That can happen if you have MC set to auto-import.  The auto-import may find the file before you start the manual import.  If you suspect this, try a search.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: File import problems
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:53:54 am »

More to add..

This is running on a dedicated music server (Music Vault Diamond).  Not much runs on this server other than media oriented stuff and usually only one this at a time.  Everything else is running flawlessly but JRiver has been very slow to respond sometimes.  Like right now it takes almost a full minute for Get Cover Art from internet to not find anything.  It usually takes a couple of seconds to let you know it can't find anything.  Also, when I try to close MC it takes maybe 4-5 seconds to actually close.  It has been doing that for a while.  I don't know if this is my computer or MC but nothing else is running slow on the computer.
If you've just installed MC, it may just be busy finding files, analyzing them, etc.  It could take a while if your collection is large or if your machine is slow. 

Under the Help menu, try the Benchmark and report the results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up