INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some files will not sort correctly by track (MC15)  (Read 3264 times)

mwmccaw

• Recent member
some files will not sort correctly by track (MC15)
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »

I have some files that will not sort correctly by track number no matter what I do. 
The tracks in this album are numbered 1through 20, and the filenames correspond.
I set the track tag correctly, and it displays correcty, but the order is jumbled.  When I repeatedly click the "track" tab, the order flips, but never corrects itself.
I've trie renumbering all the tracks, and then numbering them back to the correct order, and the original (incorrect) order is displayed.
I've tried converting format from FLAC to APE, thinking it could be a tag handling problem, but no joy.  Still sorts in the same incorrect order.
They insist on sorting incorrectly when I attempt to burn a disk (GRRRRR!), and won't let me manually re-order by dragging!
I downloaded and installed MC16, and it behaves exactly the same way.

I have other albums from the same source without any problems.  This is driving me crazy!  Is there some way to reset all the tags in a file to zero and build them up again from scratch to see if that might work?  Has anyone ever encountered this sort of problem?  I'm absolutely tearing my hair out.

Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated!
Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: some files will not sort correctly by track (MC15)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:34 pm »

There is a library tool that lets you "Fill track numbers from list order" or similar.  Try sorting the way you want them, then select all and use that tool.

Make sure that shuffle is off.  It's one of the buttons in the upper right corner.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any better ideas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up