INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver does not interpret the fields to my .wav files  (Read 2217 times)

RobertD

JRiver does not interpret the fields to my .wav files
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:26 pm »

Hello,

All my files are .wav files named according to the scheme "Tracknumber - Artist name - Album Name - Song Name.wav" ripped from Exact Audio Copy.

another program and WinAmp understand it perfectly BUT JRiver places the ENTIRE file name as the song title  and leaves the Album and Artist fields blank - hence, does not break it into the respective categories. It does for maybe 20% of my songs but all the rest have the error (above).

What is going wrong here?

Thanks,
Robert.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver does not interpret the fields to my .wav files
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »

Try Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename to fill properties from the filenames.

You might also investigate WAV tags (Media Center supports them) or lossless compression.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »

Probably the wave files do not contain tags. Many programs do not write them, including EAC.

You can do as Matt suggested and use the "Fill Properties From Filename" library tool for adding the file metadata to the library (= database). The [Track #] - [Artist] - [Album] - [Name] rule in the tool's "Filename" box would work for "Tracknumber - Artist name - Album Name - Song Name.wav". You can uncheck "Directories" in the tool options. You can mass process the files if you select them all before using the tool.

If you want to also add physical file tags please read this: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging

Wave & AIFF tagging is supported in MJ14, MC14 and later MC versions.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

RobertD

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »

Thanks for the help guys!!!  Greatly appreciated.  I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Regards,
Robert. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up