INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Covers not shown after backup recovery  (Read 2060 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Album Covers not shown after backup recovery
« on: October 12, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »

Hi,
after a backup recovery, I had to reimport my music into MC16.
Before, all files were shown with the correct album cover.
Also, when I look into the files in Internet Explorer, the album covers are still there.

The problem:
In the MC Library, all music files are shown with the same Album cover. I tried this and that, re-import, changing settings, etc. still the same.

What could the problem be, i.e., what should I do? Thx a lot for help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: All ALbum Covers the same after backup recovery
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:18 pm »

Set your new cover art directory in MC options.

Then select a few files and do a right click, cover art, quick find.

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

Its now set to 'Īn the same folder as the file''
I checked that the album covers are really in the same folder - they are.

I then selected several files, right mouse click, quick find: still, not the right cover :(

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 12:01:36 am »

Add the Image File library field as a column to a list view or set it to show up in Action Window > Tag (you can set the Tag panel to show "all tags"). Check the displayed Image File value for a few files that show the wrong cover art image. What is it?

Is the name of the cover art images that show up Windows Explorer "Folder.jpg" in every folder? Are those image files hidden or system files? Do the audio file folders contain other image files?

For Folder.jpg the correct cover art location option would be "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)". If some other image file is linked you may need to first remove cover art and then use the quick find feature: 1. Select the files 2. Right-click > Cover Art > Remove Cover Art 3. Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory.

(Please answer my questions and wait for a reply before proceeding - or experiment with just a few test files first.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Al ex

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »

Add the Image File library field as a column to a list view or set it to show up in Action Window > Tag (you can set the Tag panel to show "all tags"). Check the displayed Image File value for a few files that show the wrong cover art image. What is it?

Is the name of the cover art images that show up Windows Explorer "Folder.jpg" in every folder? Are those image files hidden or system files? Do the audio file folders contain other image files?

For Folder.jpg the correct cover art location option would be "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)". If some other image file is linked you may need to first remove cover art and then use the quick find feature: 1. Select the files 2. Right-click > Cover Art > Remove Cover Art 3. Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory.

(Please answer my questions and wait for a reply before proceeding - or experiment with just a few test files first.)

I reimported the whole library - no cover images are shown now at all.

In the action window under tags - it says "no image"

I have 2 main folders. Each contains about 8.000 mp3-files. Including the cover art files.
In Internet Explorer, all files are shown with their correct cover images.

This is a sample name of one of the cover files in the folders:
AlbumArt_{0A27E8B1-4D62-439A-B380-BFFAA1BFCB4C}_Large.jpg

Settings in my MC 16.0.179:
Cover Art - In the same folder as the file
Also store image in the file's tag YES

I am using a netbook with MC as "remote control"
Music files are stored in my network on a NAS My Book Live, from which I am īmporting the files into the MC library.
Files are then streamed via DLNA to my HiFi.

?

Al ex

Re: Album Covers not shown after backup recovery
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 04:12:20 am »

Well, couldn´t figure out what the reason was, but I assume I misconfigured something, when restoring the library with a backup of the settings, which I made for my other laptop...

Decided to make a complete reinstall and reimport of all files - now all is fine again!

Anyway - thank you for your answers & support :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up