INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My River - Media Center Remote (for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad)  (Read 172770 times)

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
Re: My River - Media Center Remote (for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad)
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2012, 10:47:32 am »

Hi, How can I get My River to add an entire smartlist/playlist to the playing now queue?

Ross

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2012, 04:12:01 pm »

Just bought My River for iPad.

Very nice work, thanks.

I can't find new jump letter feature. Please advise.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2012, 08:37:48 am »

Just bought My River for iPad.

Very nice work, thanks.

I can't find new jump letter feature. Please advise.
Jump letters are only available under Audio in current version, and only 2nd level e.g. Audio, Artist........

Michael

rjm

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2012, 12:21:35 pm »

Thanks, I see them now. Unfortunately I need jump letters on levels 3,4,5, and 6.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2012, 01:59:16 pm »

Thanks, I see them now. Unfortunately I need jump letters on levels 3,4,5, and 6.
Well, I suppose I could put them on all levels except first and last (details view).

bigjohnx

• Recent member
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2012, 11:15:36 am »

Hi I just purchased the software. Great software with nice interface.

However, I usually use the MC with several uPnP library and need to load / switch the upnp library. Does the remote can let me select the library to load?

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2012, 04:54:33 pm »

However, I usually use the MC with several uPnP library and need to load / switch the upnp library. Does the remote can let me select the library to load?
I'm afraid not.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2012, 06:31:17 pm »

Just purchased My River and My River for iPad. I'll start playing with them.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2012, 07:25:57 pm »

Very nice. Thanks...

A quick question: I assume the answer is no but will it ever be possible to use the iPad version as a remote control but also have the ability to listen to the music on the iPad?

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:25 am »

A quick question: I assume the answer is no but will it ever be possible to use the iPad version as a remote control but also have the ability to listen to the music on the iPad?
I have no plans for that right now.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:57 am »

I have no plans for that right now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

bigjohnx

• Recent member
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2012, 08:14:18 pm »

I'm afraid not.

Will the client can support this function if MC web interface support this function? I will try to request to add this function in MC since this is a very important function.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2012, 07:11:14 am »

I think that I maybe misunderstood your question.......?
DLNA Media Renderers will appear as zones in MC and My River (you can change zone under settings).

Dokter123

• Recent member
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2012, 04:20:35 pm »

Love the iPad version - works "as advertised."

lightminer

• Recent member
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:24 pm »

Love it!  

So, for the iphone I really like the search/filter feature, but there are time when I know I won't be using it for a whole evening.  For the iPad this is no big deal (but still may be useful) but definitely for iPhone if under options there was a way to get rid of the bar because of the extremely limited real estate, each half cm matters.

Also, the way you have last.fm artist bio, what about lyrics in a similar fashion?  That would be very very cool.

Lastly, you've built the app for portrait, and that is great.  It is interesting because most of my apps go well in landscape, not portrait, but yours seems most happy in portrait.  The most offending screen is the Now Playing, where all those buttons on the bottom should be on the right, and that would allow the image to be much much larger, rather than having everything stacked - which of course makes a ton of sense for portrait.  I know that is getting pretty deep, the app is great, and having it optimized for landscape and portrait is something one does after a while but consider it.  Maybe put it low on a list somewhere, but at some point it will get to the top.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2012, 08:58:04 am »

So, for the iphone I really like the search/filter feature, but there are time when I know I won't be using it for a whole evening.  For the iPad this is no big deal (but still may be useful) but definitely for iPhone if under options there was a way to get rid of the bar because of the extremely limited real estate, each half cm matters.
Some kind of Filter "bar" on/off option?

Also, the way you have last.fm artist bio, what about lyrics in a similar fashion?  That would be very very cool.
Good suggestion I'll have to investigate further.

Lastly, you've built the app for portrait, and that is great.  It is interesting because most of my apps go well in landscape, not portrait, but yours seems most happy in portrait.  The most offending screen is the Now Playing, where all those buttons on the bottom should be on the right, and that would allow the image to be much much larger, rather than having everything stacked - which of course makes a ton of sense for portrait.  I know that is getting pretty deep, the app is great, and having it optimized for landscape and portrait is something one does after a while but consider it.  Maybe put it low on a list somewhere, but at some point it will get to the top.
I will consider to optimize Playing Now for landscape view in a future release.

Michael

audiotweak

• Recent member
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2012, 05:26:04 pm »

If you select a song and press >PLAY, it plays that song, if you go to >PLAYING NOW, you get a big pic of the cover art, if you then tap the 3 stripes @ the bottom right, you only see 1 song, the one playing! That's why you can't play next from there, how to get around that?
You should have a button that says PLAY ALL (of the album), otherwise when I select a song, I can't go next in the PLAYING NOW. Or if I go to the list, the only way I can tell your software to go next is to tap on the next song and tell it to play.
If I don't do this, the song will just keep repeating that song over and over?
My JRiver is not on repeat because my other app JRemote does not get stuck on one selected song but will continue onto the next track.
So while everybody is raving here, I'm not getting any luck with my iTouch.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2012, 07:37:04 am »

If you select a song and press >PLAY, it plays that song, if you go to >PLAYING NOW, you get a big pic of the cover art, if you then tap the 3 stripes @ the bottom right, you only see 1 song, the one playing! That's why you can't play next from there, how to get around that?
You should have a button that says PLAY ALL (of the album), otherwise when I select a song, I can't go next in the PLAYING NOW. Or if I go to the list, the only way I can tell your software to go next is to tap on the next song and tell it to play.
If I don't do this, the song will just keep repeating that song over and over?
My JRiver is not on repeat because my other app JRemote does not get stuck on one selected song but will continue onto the next track.
So while everybody is raving here, I'm not getting any luck with my iTouch.

You have to double tap to select an entire smartlist/playlist/album (then you can press next in Playing Now).

Or single tap to browse.

Michael

lvc10000

• Recent member
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2012, 01:24:44 pm »

Thank you for this wonderful iPad app. It really was the missing J River link for me.
You have received my 5 star vote.

If I may add a few ideas for the future wish list, these would be it for me:

1. Once at song selection level of an album, for example maybe below the duration of each song on the right hand side, it would be wonderful to have the rating (stars) to appear automatically, especially when there is a rating on that song.
2. As already requested, I also think someday it would be nice to have the info about the album files - 16/44.1, 24/88, 24/96, wav, flac, aiff, etc...
3. Due to the size of my collection, I always first enter by "Genres" depending on the mood, then select an artist etc... Which is perfect in almost all situations except In some cases/Genres where I would like to enter a Genre and then not see by artist but by album. Is it possible? (I haven't yet found it if it is possible)
I'm especially thinking of my "test discs" Genre section from various audiophile brands and audiophile magazines where every track on each album is from a different artist. In this Genre section, a per album view would be really appreciated as it is each time only one song per artist!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2012, 04:17:56 am »

1. Once at song selection level of an album, for example maybe below the duration of each song on the right hand side, it would be wonderful to have the rating (stars) to appear automatically, especially when there is a rating on that song.
2. As already requested, I also think someday it would be nice to have the info about the album files - 16/44.1, 24/88, 24/96, wav, flac, aiff, etc...

There is a lot of things already on the file view, I would rather keep it as clean as possible, and not put to many things at this view... anyway I will put it on the wish list and see what I can do.

If you select Show tags it will display all the info above.

3. Due to the size of my collection, I always first enter by "Genres" depending on the mood, then select an artist etc... Which is perfect in almost all situations except In some cases/Genres where I would like to enter a Genre and then not see by artist but by album. Is it possible? (I haven't yet found it if it is possible)
I'm especially thinking of my "test discs" Genre section from various audiophile brands and audiophile magazines where every track on each album is from a different artist. In this Genre section, a per album view would be really appreciated as it is each time only one song per artist!

You can create a customized view in JRiver, select Customize views for Gizmo, WebRemote, & Webplay... under Media Network in Options,
and create a view that looks something like this.

Michael

lvc10000

• Recent member
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2012, 08:26:27 am »

I can understand of course. The rating is only to remember my favorites in each album after a while coming back to it...  ;)

Thank you for the explanation with pictures. I have finally understood how it works and modified it all exactly to my preference & habits and cleared all the rest. This app beyond my expectations!

jgaffney

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:33 pm »

Great App! best one out there and I've tried them all.

I do have one feature request. That is to be able to connect to multiple media servers instead of have to change the access key or IP address every time.

Thank you.

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2012, 10:21:30 am »

@All,

Nice to have the update to play from Ipad. What would be nice is to integrate a mouse pad like the one in JRemote and Gizmo. Now I have to switch often from This application to MobileMouse

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2012, 11:52:27 am »

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 12:18:02 pm »
GF is getting on me. Will a future release have the ability to play on iphone as well?
She's itching for it :)
Loves what she has so far. Thanks for supporting iphone users
Just went to my GF's app store for her, and noticed the date when this version was released...4Bay My River For IPhone Version 1.5.0 03/07/12.... How Did You Know t Was Her B-Day Today!?

Thank You Sir!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2012, 04:54:07 am »

I do have one feature request. That is to be able to connect to multiple media servers instead of have to change the access key or IP address every time.
I don't think it is possible to connect to multiple servers at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong), but maybe I could make a list of added servers so it would be easier to switch.

Michael

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »

Thinking of purchasing your app, but have a few questions: Does it support flac? Does it stream outside the home network, i.e., across 4G? Thanks!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2012, 06:51:55 am »

Does it support flac?
"Yes" - when streaming, JRiver will convert the flac file to mp3 on the fly, and stream it to My River.

Does it stream outside the home network, i.e., across 4G?
Yes if you configure port forwading on your router and use your external IP address when setting up My River.

Michael

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2012, 07:48:28 am »

Purchased on Friday. So far I'm very pleased. Excellent work. We really needed an app like this.

Dan1970

• Recent member
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2012, 02:59:55 pm »

I totally agree. In the ipad version there is plenty of space for it. It also could be made optional to be switched off or on in the settings.

Please implement this!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »

I totally agree. In the ipad version there is plenty of space for it. It also could be made optional to be switched off or on in the settings.

Please implement this!

I'll see what I can do.

Michael

CharlesC

• Recent member
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2012, 07:50:57 pm »

I've just downloaded the iPad version to use on an iPod touch (gen 4 iPod Touch), it appears in iTunes and says it syncs.  But it doesn't appear on the iPod Touch.
I'm also using JRemote (iPad, iPod, iPhone version) and it works fine.

I'm assuming that the iPad and iPod would use the same type.  Is that incorrect? 
Or does the iPod require the iPhone version?  It didn't see that in the requirements as such, I'm pretty sure.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2012, 05:00:40 am »

I've just downloaded the iPad version to use on an iPod touch (gen 4 iPod Touch), it appears in iTunes and says it syncs.  But it doesn't appear on the iPod Touch.
I'm also using JRemote (iPad, iPod, iPhone version) and it works fine.

I'm assuming that the iPad and iPod would use the same type.  Is that incorrect? 
Or does the iPod require the iPhone version?  It didn't see that in the requirements as such, I'm pretty sure.

I'm sorry but the the iPad version will not work with your iPod, you will need the iPhone version as stated in the requirements.

My River for iPad
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

My River for iPhone
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

Michael

Hottuna

• Recent member
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2012, 04:00:03 am »

Just bought MyRiver today and love it. I have a couple of feature requests, the ability to swipe right to delete a song from "playing now" and the ability to reorder the playing now list. I'm not sure if either feature is possible but they would make My River and JRiver all that much more enjoyable for me.  Keep up the good work!

JRiver guys, I really enjoyed your newsletter this week, there was a lot of great info in the links, with an honourable mention going to the article below where I found many suggestions how to make Media Center really kick ass with high quality output.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/JRiver-Media-Center-17-Detail

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2012, 12:54:42 pm »

Just bought MyRiver today and love it. I have a couple of feature requests, the ability to swipe right to delete a song from "playing now" and the ability to reorder the playing now list. I'm not sure if either feature is possible but they would make My River and JRiver all that much more enjoyable for me.  Keep up the good work!

I would love to implement this, but it's not supported by JRiver's web service :'(

Michael

Hottuna

• Recent member
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »

Well we can always hope that one day it will be supported :)

How about viewing an image in a larger frame and/or a slide show?

While I'm asking, it would be nice to be able to save the ip and port for multiple locations so i don't have to reenter it each time. eg. I  listen on wifi and 3G and it would be nice if it saved my last couple of entries so I could select the ip rather than renter it.

Still love the app, I'm listening to it now on my wireless headphones being broadcast from my amp, very versatile.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2012, 01:46:59 pm »

Very Nice, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I bought both the IPAD and iPhone version. I have been waiting seems so long for someone to develop an iOS app for JRiver for my iOS devices. I literally have been working towards replacing them with Android so I could use Gizmo. I switched to and Android Phone and just bought a Phillips Android player last week and would not if I had found your App first. I was tired of Apple messing around and breaking WebGizmo and WebPlay just didn't really look and function the way I wanted. Plugplayer always gave me inconsistent results but was thankfull to at least have that but now I have "My River".

So far I haven't haven't had anything weird happen...just seems to work and work well.

Hottuna

• Recent member
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2012, 02:29:30 pm »

Well I've been using it on the iPad for a week now and am very happy with My River. It works well at home and during my commute or sitting at my desk. I love the ability to control the different zones and stream to my device or control the server wherever I am at home, whether playing through my wireless headphones when the household is asleep or controlling the stereo from another room when playing through the load speakers.  MC17 & My River is an amazing combo... Great job to everyone involved, this is the ultimate experience. Can't wait to see what additional features both apps will bring!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2012, 12:22:25 pm »

How about viewing an image in a larger frame and/or a slide show?
Good suggestion, I will put it on the to-do list.

While I'm asking, it would be nice to be able to save the ip and port for multiple locations so i don't have to reenter it each time. eg. I  listen on wifi and 3G and it would be nice if it saved my last couple of entries so I could select the ip rather than renter it.
In next release, the connections can be saved and subsequently selected from a list.

Michael

Hottuna

• Recent member
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2012, 09:25:04 pm »

Glad to hear! It will be a beautiful thing. I'm checking for updates daily :)
Remote Photo browsing through an iPad app is sadly lacking. I hope you can bring this to life! to be able to scroll through photos, forward and back, in a larger window would be great.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2012, 08:45:07 am »

Glad to hear! It will be a beautiful thing. I'm checking for updates daily :)
iPhone version is almost ready, iPad version is 50% ready.

Remote Photo browsing through an iPad app is sadly lacking. I hope you can bring this to life! to be able to scroll through photos, forward and back, in a larger window would be great.
This is definitely something that I will look into in a future release.

Michael

Magog

• Recent member
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:45 am »

Hello
I just bought on itunes, the version for ipad and iphone
I love this application My River

I also like eLyric, because we had save a playlist of songs that we listen.

Example, all 50 songs that I just played, I would save them in a playlist as eLyric
I think it 's only lack this feature to make me happy.

(excuse my english, i'm in Québec)

Tank you for your good work ;)

Laramy

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

Another vote for a simple way to play whole albums please.  Most of my listening is to albums vs single tracks, so this is a biggie for me.

[edit]

Never mind, I found that double tapping the album will allow me to play the whole album.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:40 pm »

I also like eLyric, because we had save a playlist of songs that we listen.

Example, all 50 songs that I just played, I would save them in a playlist as eLyric
I think it 's only lack this feature to make me happy.

I'm afraid that's not possible JRiver WebService doesn't provide the ability to edit or save a playlist.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »

Getting very 'warbly' sound with My River. Could anyone point me to which transcode settings I should be looking at?

pcstockton

« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2012, 08:48:51 pm »

Goat,

More info please.  When you are using it as a remote?  Or when you are streaming to your iOS device?

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2012, 04:20:48 pm »

Yeah. When streaming to the iPad.

pcstockton

« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2012, 05:19:11 pm »

I think that would be using JRiver's hidden Library server.  If I am not mistaken Bob said it transcodes to 256 mp3.

If you are using on the same network as the files I would maybe try PlugPlayer.  It would tap into a Server you set up as "never convert".

Good luck.
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2012, 07:58:33 pm »

All audio files are converted to medium-bitrate MP3 if needed when streaming, just like WebPlay.
I haven't experienced any warbly sound my self, are you using latest version of JRiver?

Michael

pcstockton

« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »

is medium 256?

Thanks
Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2012, 09:16:00 pm »

also,

What if you are playing to the device while at home (on the same network as the files), how can I make it play full resolution FLACs?

Is this possible?  Or does it already?  If so, how does it know where I am?

Thanks again!

Patrick
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up