INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to open or parse file (hr=0x800054005) Long time MC user but new to forum  (Read 2874 times)

eegli

I've had MC for over 10 years.  I've never had a problem I couldn't figure out.   After a MC 16 update (and perhaps uninstalling MC14 and MC15) I can no longer open ripped DVD files.   I get the message Failed to open or parse file (hr=0x800054005)

I'm sorry if i'm posting at the wrong place or not following protocol.  It's my 1st time ever having to use this or any forum.   I'm really stuck.  I want to upgrade but MC has let me down for the 1st time and isn't working as it has for me for years. 

Please help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What version do you have?  16.0.181 is the latest.

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck

Eeep.  I was getting that error message a couple nights ago too, but it was something dumb on my part and I don't recall what it was to fix it.

I WANT to say it was something with shared folders, but don't quote me.  I'm pretty sure it had to do with the Library not finding files.

eegli

I have the latest version just updated today.  but the problem has been around for the last 2 months.  just no time to address it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Would you mind trying MC17?  If that also doesn't work, I have no idea what the problem is.

eegli

will do and get back to you.   It happened about 3 updates ago both on my desktop and laptop at the same time.  Thanks for your help.

eegli

Ah HA!  Discovered the problem.  Previously I could have DVD files on my drive without importing them into MC and just right click on the folder and select play in MC.  Now it seems they have to be imported in order to play.  As long as I import the files in I'm ok. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up