INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.388 hangs after pause in WinXP  (Read 718 times)

twriter

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ 8.0.388 hangs after pause in WinXP
« on: March 27, 2003, 09:11:50 am »

I am having a semi-repeatable problem in that my Media Jukebox Plus v. 8.0.388 hangs when I am listening to mp3s on my hard disk, I pause, and then play. This doesn't happen every time this sequence happens. But it seems after 2 or 3 or 4 times I've paused and then click Play, I get a fraction of a second of the song continuation, and the MJ hangs almost completely. When the cursor is within the window, it is an hourglass, but the window controls are clickable--although they don't respond. (Clicking a window control gives the Windows message that the program isn't responding and what do I want to do, and I choose End Program.)  ?

This is on a Fujitsu C-series notebook (512MB RAM, 40GB hd, etc.) with Wndows XP Home and a number of MS updates installed. Also running is Norton SystemWorks Pro and Internet Security and WebShots Desktop.

P.S. It is so typical: on the day I finally got frustrated enough to post this here, it was a day when this did not happen at all, although I certainly paused and started playback plenty of times, and the act of posting "solved" the problem....
Pages: [1]   Go Up