INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC is too smart :(  (Read 1023 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
MC is too smart :(
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »

I know that MC has no trouble sorting 1-9 before 10+, and that's wonderful.  However, MC is about the only program I use that is this smart, so when MC fills properties from file names upon import, it turns s01e01 into Season 1 and Episode 1.  ALL of my metada uses the leading 0, so even when MC is able to sort properly, it still looks bad, since it's only the new shows that don't match the rest.  this means I am constantly 'fixing' MC's 'fix' of the 01 =>1 conversion.

"Big deal!" you say.  Well the problem this creates for me is that when I try to rename files from tags, it would/will rename my s01e01 into s1e1, and all other programs will sort them incorrectly.

How can I 'dumb-down' MC so it stops "helping" me with this?

I really want MC to just keep what I have 01 should stay 01.  Is there someplace I can rectify/adjust this behavior, or is this all internal and I need to convince JRiver?
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC is too smart :(
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:12:16 pm »

You should remove leading zeroes inside MC, or you will forever be fighting the framework.  Media Center doesn't need, want, or use leading zeroes on numbers.  You can do all files at once with a simple expression like =FormatNumber([Series])

We will update the rename tool for seasons and episodes to pad with a leading zero when exporting a filename.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re: MC is too smart :(
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:33:17 pm »

Okay, thanks Matt.  Can/will you please put a line in the change log when you've changed the rename feature, so I know when I can do this "=FormatNumber([Series])"?

pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up