INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing library from media monkey - lost track numbers  (Read 3498 times)

zim

Importing library from media monkey - lost track numbers
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:03:45 am »

Hi,
I've only just started using j river MC so apologies if this problem has been solved before. I ran media monkey for the last year and have ripped a large number of wav files to an external hard disk. When i imported these into MC the tracks seem to have lost their track numbers an are now arranged alphabetically. On my hard drive the folders are listed artist and then album. Individual files are then listed by track number, artist, track name.
Any help of how to configure MC so i can pick up the track numbers would be greatly appreciated  :)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Importing library from Media Monkey - lost track numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:32 pm »

Are you still trying to solve this?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

zim

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:23:45 pm »

Yes i tried changing the filename rule to the standard option track followed by name, cleared the library and then imported it again. This seemed to work for some of the folders but only a small proportion and the vast majority are still arranged in alphabetical order. I'm scratching my head about this but thinking of possibly converting the fies to flac so they can be tagged correctly and will hopefully get a chance to try this over the next few days.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »

Most folks here would recommend the conversion to a standard lossless format such as FLAC.

If your track's file names are consistent, and include the track number, then you should be able to have MC grab the info and import it into MC's library.  Use the Fill Properties From Filename tool under Library Tools.

Once the track numbers are populated, sorting is trivial in a view, so don't fret that.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:22:11 pm »

... On my hard drive the folders are listed artist and then album. Individual files are then listed by track number, artist, track name.

As MrC said, the Fill Properties From Filename tool should work:

or e.g.:

Directories: [Album Artist]\[Album] or maybe just [Album]  (these might work better than "[Artist]\[Album]..." if you have multiple artists albums)
Filename: [Track #]. [Artist] - [Name]  (this rule uses "dot and space" as the first separator, you must use the same separators as your actual filenames have)

To try it, select a few test files and do right-click > Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename...

EDIT

MC16 can optionally tag also WAV files. In MC17 WAV tagging is enabled by default. More info: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

zim

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:14:15 pm »

Thanks guys, everythings running great now, will think about going down the flac route  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up