INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Screen Mode - Player Controls  (Read 933 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Full Screen Mode - Player Controls
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:34:53 pm »

In another thread I mentioned that, while using drop down panes in full screen mode, the control box that fades in & out can become quite annoying.. I would still like the ability to make it float and able to dock elsewhere i.e. the bottom of the screen..

I recently thought of something else I'd like that is quite similar and would bypass my need for a floating control box. I was wondering if most of the controls could be squashed into a single row? (like in my image) (I didn't include the display part that shows the Title & Status as I thought there wasn't enough space.. Maybe another row, possibly optional?? I though about squeezing it in and saying it could just scroll, but there would be a lot of scrolling, that's why I thought of an additional row for that) Height wise I think they could be quite (Don't know if this is the correct word for the vertical axis) narrow, not consuming tons of space..

I'm not clued up on how the skinning side of J River works and am unsure as whether or not J River could use existing skins or if old skins would need to be updated to accommodate.

I think this would, in full screen mode make it look sleeker than the fade in out control box.. It would be nice for both drop down and normal panes with the added bonus (for me) that the controls wouldn't suddenly appear when I am trying to select a drop down pane.. (Plus it would show a permanent search box (one thing I know a few other users have mentioned they'd like in full screen mode.)

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up