INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send multiple files  (Read 2549 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Send multiple files
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:17:26 pm »

Many times I want to send many files at once to a playlist. It seams not be able to do that?
I can only send one by one. Is that correct?

Also I would like to have quick access to many playlist not only one as the case is today. Sometimes I want
to send same song or songs to 3 different playlists. It takes me then 4 mouseclicks to send one (1) song.
I must say that the playlist handling is easier in iTunes. I hope it will be easier in Media Center than it is today.
Or maybe I have missed something and donīt do it the right way.

Thanks
Captor
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Send multiple files
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:43:12 pm »

Many times I want to send many files at once to a playlist. It seams not be able to do that?
I can only send one by one. Is that correct?

Also I would like to have quick access to many playlist not only one as the case is today. Sometimes I want
to send same song or songs to 3 different playlists. It takes me then 4 mouseclicks to send one (1) song.
I must say that the playlist handling is easier in iTunes. I hope it will be easier in Media Center than it is today.
You can select as many tracks as you want, using Shift and Ctrl left click, then right click and Send to any playlist.  The playlist will then be at the top of the right click menu.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:49:54 pm »

Or maybe I have missed something and donīt do it the right way.

Open additional Tabs, and any given tab, navigate from the the tree on the left, Playlists section, and select your playlist.  Now, do likewise in other tabs.

In Options, you can set the option to preserve this arrangement at startup so you don't have to navigate each time.  Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location: Last Location.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Captor

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:06:09 pm »

Thanks Jim
OK I have to use shift+control to select them, thank.

But MrC, that one I dont understand. HOW do I open additional tabs? I have not seen something like that
before in MC.
JRiver for music

MrC

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:08:15 pm »

View > Split View > Show Tabs

Then there will be a new tab button available, just under the playback progress bar.

Captor

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:40:27 pm »

There is a tab available but that is not new. I believe I have seen that before. Itīs right under the progress bar. And if I play for example Amy Winehouse there will be her name in that tab. If I play my Chris Rea playlist there will be the name Chris Rea in the tab. How can that help me?
Maybe if I can get more tabs, one for every playlist, but sorry, I dont know how to do that. It is not easy like firefox or IE.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:49:33 pm »

Dear MrC
OK I have figured out how to create new tabs and also how to navigate the playlists there. Thank you very much. Seems to be a little bit overkill to create tabs with the playlists? Normal action would be to
drag the songs directly to the three at the left side? Like iTunes. I am not a apple lover, the opposite actually but some good things they do have.
Anyway, thanks for now, that helps me a lot:-)
JRiver for music

MrC

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:55:05 pm »

There's some good stuff in MC.  Maybe its best to just focus on *how* to accomplish something rather than premature judgement...

So...

There are MANY ways to add to playlists.  Let's start with these:

1) Right click the tracks you want, and Send to > Playlist > ...
 2) Open a new tab and set it to the Playlists section of the tree.  Now, switch to a tab that contains your tracklist, and drag to the Playlists tab, which will then open/expand the Playlists tree, where you can now drop to a playlist.  The + indicator will be your guide that the drag will succeed.
 3) Drag your track selection to the drag and down to Playlists and it will auto-open, and drop on the playlist.
 4) Right-click a playlist and then select Edit Playlist in Action Window.  This will open a window where you can drag-n-drop, reorder, etc.

Captor

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »

Yeah, sure there are some good stuff in MC. But a real manual would be nice for starters anyway.
Thank good for the forum and all you talented end-users.
OK, Thank you again, I will try them next time I am ripping CDīs.
JRiver for music

MrC

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »

Yeah, sure there are some good stuff in MC. But a real manual would be nice for starters anyway.

FYI - Start here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions
   http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center
   http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Main_Page

Some stuff is dated, but there's far more in MC than any of realizes, or than anyone can keep up to date.
Pages: [1]   Go Up