INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another skin project (preview only)  (Read 10856 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Another skin project (preview only)
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:51:00 pm »

Hello folks!
I started some time ago, my new project, a new skin for MC, the work for the skin goes from up and down time to time, and working on the skin i decided to make a revamp of everything i could do in terms of design of a skin, so i started changing almost or this is the ideea.
For a while i decided to stop working on the skin, time and other things pressure me, so for a while stoped working, but at some point i decided, or to continue or stop to finish the skin.
Im still far away (to say) on design, more or less will change it but my ideea is already in my head, so with that i will want and do to finish the job.
Maybe with this project some folks will want to take a look at the skin support and make some improvement because some things need to be changed, i have some ideas but for now, i will throw some preview on how the skin it look, maybe some will love/like/hate it, but is my design my work so i will share with you, no matter what. And hope you will like my work neverless.
So to much talking and here is the preview.
Opinions and suggest are welcome, if you think to add.
Thanks.

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Another skin project (preview only)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:20 am »

I like colours it seems promising  but preview is not of quality ; a better screenshot would be good.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:03 am »

Well, now im back on my pc, after a short breakdown of my hardware, now they are replaced and working again, so i will move my ass to work and finish the proposed skin.
And till then for you request i will add some better preview of skin.

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:42:26 am »

It seems like you use Microsoft Paint to do it.    :'(

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:26:08 pm »

Nice work.
It seems like you use Microsoft Paint to do it.
I use several software but not a Microsoft Paint, is kinda weak in therms of what you want to do it.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »

I want a small help if anybody can give me.
On action window section appear a white background and i want to make it like how is the tree section as color, but i cant find anything to help.
Maybe someone can give me some direction where to fix this minor problem.
Here is the problem in question

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 04:44:13 pm »

I already stated this before.

If I understand correctly how it works, it is a bug with MC18. You can try it with MC17. Should work there if you set the background color here:

Code: [Select]
<ACTIONWINDOW>
<Entry Name="Background" Bitmap="action_bg.png" InternalMargins="0,0,0,0" />
<Entry Name="Template" Bitmap="action_template.png" Margins="0,20,0,0" InternalMargins="0,0,0,0" HeaderHeight="20" VerticalSpacing="0" />
</ACTIONWINDOW>

I don't remember which of the two lines you'll need. But it's one of them.

In MC18 the "Template" is used to define the background in all subscreens of ActionWindow but not the start screen (the view you posted above). As far as I see the settings defined with "Background" is honored nowhere in MC18.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:37:16 pm »

Well in ver 17 was not a problem that background but i see only in 18, so i did look on the lines of main.xml but dont find nothing to solve, so i presume is what u say it is, a bug.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 05:52:50 pm »

Well in ver 17 was not a problem that background but i see only in 18, so i did look on the lines of main.xml but dont find nothing to solve, so i presume is what u say it is, a bug.

Is a bug.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:29 pm »

I want a small help if anybody can give me.
On action window section appear a white background and i want to make it like how is the tree section as color, but i cant find anything to help.
Maybe someone can give me some direction where to fix this minor problem.
Here is the problem in question

I'm not sure, my memory is fuzzy, but I'm almost certain it's always been this way.

The problem with the front page of the action window is that it takes its settings from the <List> area of the skin xml.

As for the background setting, it behaves as expected. MC places the action window background, but if you then specify internal margins of "0,0,0,0" then you are instructing MC to draw the action window so that it completely covers the background, giving the impression that the background info has been ignored.

The snip below demonstrates:
The front page uses the background colour specified in <List>. I've complained about this before, but it got no attention at all.
I have created a 100 x 100 background image filled with magenta. I've set the internal margins for the left and bottom to 10 pixels ("10,0,0,10")

Does that help?

kurushi

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 05:31:57 am »

yep background color of the list and action windows are linked :)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 10:55:57 am »

This problem only appear on ver 18, for, 17 is working well, and i dont understand why now this ver have a link with the list when this was already working on the previous version.
As for the designer perspective, you are limited on how to approach this problem, meh, now i need to think how to solve this issue with new linkable perspective.
Ty for the answer and back to design board and change something around.

kurushi

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 11:20:13 am »

Well JR with MC18 focused on sound ,dsp, remote and other stuff maybe MC19 'll have more design features and it would be good for  MC greatly ...

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 11:58:34 am »

If i remember correctly the part of skin and visualization on MC have been forgotten and this happen for several previous release, not only on ver 18, but in other part of them, and i know, this is more on the audio part but till to audio part user interface have a great impact on a perspective for a new user or the already person who know what have under fingers, thats my opinion.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 01:51:31 pm »

Can you give me an example of a skin that has an action window front page and a file list with different background colours in MC17?

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »

Can you give me an example of a skin that has an action window front page and a file list with different background colours in MC17?

They are several skin that dont share the same color as in <file list> the standard skin from MC and several custom skin, either my skin what i create not share the same color as in <list file> at least some of them.
Per example:

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 03:52:50 pm »

And as for the code
I dont see a connection for that share, maybe i dont look where is the exact location, who knows.
Code: [Select]
<ACTIONWINDOW>
    <Colors Text="222222" ActiveText="f10e37" Back="ebebeb" ListBack="333333" ListText="333333" />
    <Entry Name="Background" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Background.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" DrawMode="REGION_B_STRETCH,REGION_H_STRETCH,REGION_D_STRETCH,REGION_E_VSTRETCH,REGION_F_STRETCH" InternalMargins="0,0,0,0"/>
    <Entry Name="Template" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Template.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" InternalMargins="0,0,0,0" VerticalSpacing="0" HeaderHeight="23" HeaderOnly="2" />
    <Entry Name="Back" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Back.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" NumberImages="3" />
    <Entry Name="Close" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Close.png" Margins="5,0,5,0" NumberImages="3" />
    <Entry Name="Tools" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Tools.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" NumberImages="3" />
    <Entry Name="Restore" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Restore.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" NumberImages="3" />
    <Entry Name="Minimize" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Minimize.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" NumberImages="3" />
<Entry Name="Maximize" Bitmap="ActionWindow_Maximize.png" Margins="0,0,0,0" NumberImages="3" />
  </ACTIONWINDOW>
<LIST>
    <Colors Text="333333" Back="ebebeb" SelectedText="cd062f" SelectedBack="cd062f" HotText="111111" Gridline="e5e5e5" />
    <Entry Name="HeaderBar" Bitmap="List_HeaderBar.png" Margins="3,2,3,3" NumberImages="2" TextColor="333333" OverTextColor="cd062f" PressedTextColor="FFFFFF" />
    <Entry Name="Lasso" Bitmap="List_Lasso.png" NumberImages="1" Margins="3,3,3,3" />
<Entry Name="RatingClear" Bitmap="List_RatingClear.png" NumberImages="4" />
<Entry Name="BrowseHeaderBar" Bitmap="List_BrowseHeaderBar.png" NumberImages="2" Margins="3,2,3,3" />
<Entry Name="PlayButton" Bitmap="List_PlayButton.png" NumberImages="4" />
<Entry Name="SampleButton" Bitmap="List_SampleButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
<Entry Name="Rating" Bitmap="List_Rating.png" NumberImages="3" />
    <Entry Name="RatingClear" Bitmap="List_RatingClear.png" NumberImages="4" />
<Entry Name="LinkButton" Bitmap="List_ListButton.png" NumberImages="4" />
<Entry Name="Selection" Bitmap="List_Selection.png" NumberImages="3" Columns="4,?-Flex,4" Rows="4,?-Flex,4,?-Flex,4" />
    <Entry Name="GroupHeader" Bitmap="List_GroupHeader.png" NumberImages="1" Columns="2,?-Flex,2" Rows="2,?-Flex,2" />
  </LIST>[
The only share color are this Back="ebebeb" same on action/list.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »

OK, got it. I see the "Z" skin also exhibiting the same behaviour. Thanks for your patience with me, I can almost feel you rolling your eyes ;)

Definitely an MC18 bug for me, let's hope J River agree.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 04:53:53 pm »

There was a version of MetroX with different colors there. It was discussed there. This was when I first noticed, that there has changed something from MC17 to MC18.

I'm not sure if the latest version of MetroX also features different colors for AW and lists.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 05:57:27 pm »

OK, got it. I see the "Z" skin also exhibiting the same behaviour. Thanks for your patience with me, I can almost feel you rolling your eyes ;)

Definitely an MC18 bug for me, let's hope J River agree.
Like this  ::)
Anyhow, i still not understand how can this be a bug in MC 18 but is working fine as in the previous one, because i dont see any change in the, let say main file, or it is an internal problem, if so, maybe the right ppl would take a look at this bug (but i doubt anybody will do something, because the skin isnt so important problem right now)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 02:19:45 am »

maybe the right ppl would take a look at this bug
I once reported it in a build thread (there). This is where I think it's the right location to alert "the right people" ;) Perhaps after posting gently a few times someone will have a look...

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:34 am »

I once reported it in a build thread (there). This is where I think it's the right location to alert "the right people" ;) Perhaps after posting gently a few times someone will have a look...
This version have +6months now from when did appear and still have this bug, and i think it will pass more months from now on, before someone put some effort to solve this issue, at least for some of us who from time to time we create a skin for this program, i don't like to be limited with this bug and find an alternative solution how to make it.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 07:54:25 am »

This version have +6months now from when did appear and still have this bug

Right now it was reported only once (plus a view times here in the Third Party Board but I'm not sure how intense there reading is here).

I'm sure if the bug is reported often enough, you'll get a fix or at least some feedback from the devs. May take some time, but finally I got a solution for EVERY bug I reported. Ok, once they told me, it's not a bug, it's by design, but even with that kind of statement you now what to expect ;)

Keep on reporting and they'll listen! I'd do, but me, personally, doesn't bother this one that much.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:27:15 am »

If you believe you have found a bug, please report it in the thread that announces the build.  If it's complex, or you need to report it more than once, just put a link there to a thread that describes it more completely.

We're only fixing major bugs in the Windows version right now.  That should improve in a few weeks.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 08:40:06 am »

I'm not sure how intense there reading is here.

Well, they are reading :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 08:54:17 am »

Ja, wir können lesen.

Fabricio

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 08:55:49 am »

Well, they are reading :)

A manifestation on the case. This is good.  Maybe solution.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 08:58:41 am »

você acha que são preguiçosos?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 11:38:40 am »

Next build:
Fixed: The Action Window navigation list was not using the proper background color with some skins.

Thanks for your help finding this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:36 am »

Next build:
Fixed: The Action Window navigation list was not using the proper background color with some skins.

No, thank u that you spare some time and view this and resolve the bug, now some person will be happy, including me :D

Fabricio

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 01:34:54 pm »

você acha que são preguiçosos?

I do not think. I only think that you are rich. ;)  ;D

Next build:

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 01:47:45 pm »

I only think that you are rich.
I'm comfortable with myself....

Fabricio

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 05:29:58 pm »

I'm comfortable with myself....

hehehhe, :D :D :D :D Very good. I imagined that. That is important. heheheeh

Honest hugs ... Hasta la vista ...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »

I knew that.

Un grand abrazo.

kurushi

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:23 pm »

thx Jr staff for the fix :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:59 am »

Next build:

Not quite there yet. Full details posted elsewhere.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 01:22:32 am »

.... maybe the right ppl would take a look at this bug (but i doubt anybody will do something, because the skin isnt so important problem right now)

Never lose faith, it'll be well fixed in the next release. :)

You might want to consider starting another preview thread as this one now has a lot of distracting, but highly productive, noise regarding action window colouring.

-marko.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 12:12:01 pm »

You might want to consider starting another preview thread as this one now has a lot of distracting, but highly productive, noise regarding action window colouring.

-marko.
It seems this new update don't fix the problem and i will wait for the real fix.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 12:44:17 pm »

Build 149 is available now. Have you tried it?

kurushi

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 08:46:19 pm »

Baclkground color of Action windows works since build 146 for me :)
Good

Fabricio

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 05:21:54 am »

Baclkground color of Action windows works since build 146 for me :)
Good

+1.  Really the problem was corrected.

Thanks JRiver.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 12:01:19 pm »

Yea, i saw the problem was fix, but i on my main file was another color added and i dont look till now, so well done JR team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up