INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various glitches for new MC user  (Read 1216 times)

coliea

• Recent member
Various glitches for new MC user
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

Coming from Foobar I decided to give MC a go after reading various favourable reviews, so I downloaded a trial but have experienced some annoying glitches right out of box.

The first issue is a stuttering of the track when I scrolled through the album folder view. This only happens when I initially scroll through the album view with the stutter lasting a fraction of a second.

The second issue was a complete crash when I tried to change skins while playing a track.

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit on an AMD 550BE (unlocked to 4 cores), 4GB RAM and Asus Xonar DS via ASIO. MC v17 is installed on a Crucial SSD and library sitting on a 1TB Samsung F1 drive.

I'd like to give MC a fair shake but Foobar has always been flawless so these initial niggles have me asking if I should even bother with the next 19 days of the trial.

Are there any particular MC configurations I should be looking at especially with regards to ASIO?

Thanks
Col

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Various glitches for new MC user
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:47:04 pm »

In the options for ASIO, try increasing the buffer a little.

You might try WASAPI.  Also try rebooting.

What types of files are you playing?

What build of MC17 are you using?  17.0.50 is available.

coliea

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

Thanks Jim - I'll try playing around with the ASIO buffer size, and I'll compare the results with WASAPI. FI - I'm using 17.0.50 Beta and playing FLAC.

Regards
Col

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:16:23 pm »

The second issue was a complete crash when I tried to change skins while playing a track.

That sounds like it could be a bug.  I'm not on a machine I can test it on right now.

I doubt many users switch skins often, and probably not while playing files back, so that might not be well tested.

The stuttering problem isn't normal, but that could be some funky ASIO thing.  I'm not experienced with ASIO, so I can't really comment in detail on that part.  However, the view you were browsing, just to check...  You said it was a "album folder view".  Do you just mean a view of Albums (tagged as such), or do you mean an actual view of a file location in MC?  The stuttering almost sounds like it was building something with the view, but I'm not sure what it would have been building that could have caused a performance hit (enough to stutter playback).

Maybe thumbs, and maybe if the buffer was about to underrun or something.  Jim probably has a good guess, I suppose...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up