INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I messed up my libraries  (Read 1649 times)

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
I messed up my libraries
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:22:38 pm »

:-[

I was playing with some settings in MC17 and I think I had checked something about auto updating when information changed (tags or something).

Well I got a message about changes and clicked right through it without paying any attention to it.   :(

While I do have 445 albums in my directory and it shows that number in parentheses, but it only displays about 11 album covers with "All Albums (445)" labeled under each image.

Anyone have any idea what I did and how I correct it, AND not do it again?

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
Martin Logan PRODIGY by passed crossovers, HP server - MC20, Windows 10, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Behringer DEQ2496, PS Audio DSD DAC, JP200 clone, 2 Cary CAD 280SA V12 mono blocks - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, Zero autoformers, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to 2 bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 ML Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS tube powered interconnects

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
Re: I messed up my libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »

>:(  Well I will have to admit I am surprised.  I thought this forum was very supportive.  Either the 20 plus people who have looked at this request either have no idea how to help me, or this forum is not as supportive as I thought.

So, without any response I decided to take another run at the problem.  MC16 was still working properly (with two "minor exceptions, volume control does not work and neither does pause) with all the libraries correct.

I entirely uninstalled MC17 and re-installed it.  Now it works just like MC16.  I just need to solve the volume problem and pause and I am good to go.  :-)

Bruce
Martin Logan PRODIGY by passed crossovers, HP server - MC20, Windows 10, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Behringer DEQ2496, PS Audio DSD DAC, JP200 clone, 2 Cary CAD 280SA V12 mono blocks - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, Zero autoformers, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to 2 bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 ML Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS tube powered interconnects

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 05:15:37 pm »

It's Sunday, folks are busy with their lives.

When I read your post this morning, it wasn't clear to me, so couldn't offer anything substantive.  Generally in forums, if you're not getting the help you need, its worth posting additional details and clarifying the post as much as you can.  Forum helpers tend to cherry-pick the threads where problems are clear.

You say neither Volume nor Pause works.  I don't recall seeing others reporting this, nor have experienced it personally.  Any more details you can share?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »

>:(  Well I will have to admit I am surprised.  I thought this forum was very supportive.  Either the 20 plus people who have looked at this request either have no idea how to help me, or this forum is not as supportive as I thought.

Your initial post was very vague.  The one telepath on the forum was off duty today ;D.

Bill

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »

What?  No darn telepath?  That is just unbelieveable.   ::)

I will get back to you with more details, if I can't solve it my self.

Thanks for  the replies.   :)

Bruce

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »

What?  No darn telepath?  That is just unbelieveable.   ::)

She had a premonition.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 06:08:47 pm »

She had a premonition.
Very funny.  I wish I'd thought of it.

Bruce,
Sorry that nobody came to the rescue.  The volume problem can probably be fixed by changing the volume control MC uses.  Click on the little speaker icon in the upper left corner or use the "Player" menu choice.  Try internal.

The pause problem is odd, but I recall someone else had it and fixed it in the last 2 or 3 weeks.  Maybe someone else will remember.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »

Did you try just restoring a Library backup?  MC makes these automatically periodically.  You should be able to find one from before the "incident".

Select your library under Playing Now in the tree, and you should find a Restore Library button.  Browse the ones that are there in the MC automatic backup location (you can click on the little "flip triangle" on the browse path bar to see a bunch of recent automatic backups listed).  You can restore settings too as part of the restore if you think you might have messed up a setting.

It should get you right back to how you were.

After you do that, you should probably select all of your music files and choose Right-Click -> Library Tools -> Update Tags from Library to get the tags all in sync again.  You probably just untagged a bunch of files by accident.  That's what it sounds like to me, anyway.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 10:02:52 am »

Good morning folks. 

Thanks for the replies.

1)  As noted in post 2, I fixed the library problem by uninstalling MC17 and re-installing.   There was probably an easier fix, as noted above.

2)  The inability to pause and control volume seems to be related to USB output.  S/PDIF works fine.

3)  I was able to get volume working properly again with USB.   I fell across both the suggestion above and some system settings.

4)  Pause with USB out still does not work.  Clicking on pause causes a momentary stop and play then continues.

I am using an HP touch screen dual core processor - Windows 7 64 - 6 gig of memory.

Audiogon virtual system link;

http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/vs.pl?vevol&1317958032&viewitem&1&showall

and

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1317958032

I need to update my comments about JRiver.  I have had an appreciable improvement in sound quality from MC with recent system changes.

Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up