INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Playlists containing HD tracks (24bit 96khz) v16.0.181  (Read 2661 times)

scharby

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

This morning I was listening to a playlist which generally alternated between std FLAC files (16bit 44kHz) and HD FLAC files (24bit 88kHz or 96KHz).  The Media Center program crashed a number of times always when the playlist switched back to a HD FLAC track.

Media Center's great support of HD tracks and the increased availability of HD tracks has been an exciting new audio development.  However, I've experienced many 'hiccups' when playing random playlists consisting of a variety of formats (MP3, FLAC, HD FLAC) when the next file on the playlist is a HD FLAC file.  With a program like Media Center, which usually plays playlists for hours on end, interruptions, however infrequent, are very noticeable, as in, why did the music stop?

The computer I use is a relatively powerful computer, so I don't think it's a general horsepower issue.  If anyone has any tips which address this issue I would appreciate hearing them.  I know version 17 is out but I prefer to wait until it is at least out of beta.  But if HD support has been tweaked or improved in version 17 that would be a good reason to make the switch.

Thanks.....

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with Playlists containing HD tracks (24bit 96khz) v16.0.181
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:32:32 pm »

It must be your sound card at play here.  I go back and forth between many different files constantly without any issues in MC16.

I recall BSOD with hires audio on a Win 7 machine trying to output KS or WASAPI.  Going to ASIO fully eliminated the issue.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

scharby

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:15:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Soundcard?  That's a plausible explanation.  I'm curious in that you seem to imply ASIO is the way to go.   I was under the impression that WASAPI was the better choice in Windows 7.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 08:19:08 pm »

I'm curious in that you seem to imply ASIO is the way to go.   I was under the impression that WASAPI was the better choice in Windows 7.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:14:44 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Soundcard?  That's a plausible explanation.  I'm curious in that you seem to imply ASIO is the way to go.   I was under the impression that WASAPI was the better choice in Windows 7.

Whatever works...... they all output bitperfection.  If your card supports ASIO it is the way to go.  If not, get the ESI Juli@.  best bang for buck.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up