INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set up Media Jukebox to playback bit-perfect audio?  (Read 3366 times)

Dmcknigh1

How to set up Media Jukebox to playback bit-perfect audio?
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »

The Media Jukebox features description page on J River's web site (http://www.jriver.com/mj/MJ12Features.html) says it provides ".., bit-perfect music, ..", but I don't see how to configure MJ on my Windows Vista PC to send bit-perfect audio to my USB-interfaced external DAC. It is my understanding the only way to ensure all signal mixing/processing is bypassed is to set up my playback software to use either an ASIO Driver or Vista's built-in WASAPI Exclusive Mode. I have an ASIO driver installed, but I can't find options to select either ASIO or WASAPI in Media Jukebox. Can anyone tell me another way to ensure bit-perfect playback using Media Jukebox?
(PS- I already know Media Center has this capability as I use it on another PC).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to set up Media Jukebox to playback bit-perfect audio?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 02:52:29 pm »

WASAPI and ASIO are only in MC now.

Dmcknigh1

Re: How to set up Media Jukebox to playback bit-perfect audio?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:31:10 pm »

Thanks for your your reply. But does this mean MJ no longer has any facility for bit-perfect playback, at least in the Windows environment? I'd appreciate it greatly if anyone knows a way (other than via ASIO or WASAPI) to enable bit-perfect output using MJ in Vista. If this isn't possible, J River is currently misrepresenting it's capabilities on its web site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up