INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: WebGizmo -- looks and works like Gizmo -- runs in a browser  (Read 97954 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: WebGizmo -- looks and works like Gizmo -- runs in a browser
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2012, 08:53:30 am »

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it can be moved if it belongs somewhere else.

1. iphone 4 images are not the correct aspect ratio.  I couldn't get video to play but I may not have been patient enough.  It could have been buffering.

Opy01, check this thread.  I have the same problem with my iPhone and iPad.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71305.msg487396#msg487396

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

MDCry

• Recent member
Re: NEW: WebGizmo -- control two zones?
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2012, 09:04:30 pm »

Can you control two different zones with Webgizmo? If so, how do you set that up?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

NickF

Re: NEW: WebGizmo -- control two zones?
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2012, 05:08:31 am »

Can you control two different zones with Webgizmo? If so, how do you set that up?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Yes, you can but not with the same instance of WebGizmo.  Open another instance in a different tab and select the zone you want.  Every instance of WebGizmo is independent but if you have two set to the same zone, they will control the same media file.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Fangio

• World Citizen
Re: NEW: WebGizmo -- Wake On Lan
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2012, 11:56:10 am »

I have been using WebGizmo on my laptop to access my HTPC, which has a static IP. I have routed ports 7, 9 and 52199 to that static IP and WebGizmo can access it from inside and outside my network. What I can't achieve is wake on lan. I can start the HTPC using a magic packet sender (using port 9), but it doesn't start up when I start WebGizmo on the laptop. What am I missing?

bbbats

• Recent member
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »

I have been using (and proselytizing) JR Media Center for over twelve years now, I am a big fan.  No other collection can handle 200,000 MP3s, hundreds of movies and over 50,000 photos.  I also now use Subsonic because it provides easier external access to my audio for my family and me (via iSub for iDevices & a great web interface for everything else).  I would love for MC version 18 to be able to push MKV (and other) video formats to iDevices (locally and over the Internet) so I don't have to find yet a third product for this functionality...  iSub is limited by Apple's strangulatory (just made that word up for this) restrictions so MC could fill a huge void.  Please...?
Thanks,
-B

best

• Recent member
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2012, 11:13:39 pm »

Hi

My Webgizmo has stopped working for the last couple of days. The other options like library server etc work, but webgizmo refuses to start.

Can anyone help please?

regards

best

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2012, 06:43:26 am »

It could be a firewall problem.  Did anything change? 

Try powering everything (including LAN devices) down and back up.

best

• Recent member
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2012, 11:49:22 am »

Firewall is disabled. Switched all devices off/on. No luck. Can I check in services whether mediaserver is
running? Is there any other way of starting it?

Thanks

iansr

• Recent member
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2012, 11:20:57 am »

Probably a daft question but can you use webgizmo (via iPad) to control spotify?

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2013, 12:00:26 pm »

I have just tried WebGizmo for the first time. Gizmo on my Android tablet works fine but, at least for Audio, WebGizmo is not providing any playback controls or song info (just the album cover). And Play All only plays the 1st song on the album. I have tried both IE 9 and Chrome 24. Have I configured something somewhere incorrectly?

Thanks.

yonu

• Recent member
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »

is there a list somewhere of the tags for webgizmo for skinning it? such as the tags for what is displayed

pfc

• Recent member
View images on a ipad
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:40 am »

I cannot change the window size of images I'm viewing on my ipad like I can using a windows browser. Is there a solution for this?

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

Hello,

Been using webgizmo for a while now. I use a W7 laptop to control my server running Webgizmo in Chrome. There are a few things I would love to see added. Drill down features and display for the most part-

"Playing Now" page:

It is a pity that I need to buy an iPad + JRemote just to get these features..

bigmun01

• Recent member
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2013, 10:52:55 am »

When using WebGizmo on my ipad via Chrome to control MC18 running on my laptop, doing other apps like twitter, etc. causes MC to stop functioning. When I turn off Media Network/enable dlna option, the problem goes away, and I obviously can't use WebGizmo. I must have something set wrong, but can't determine what it is. Any suggestions? Thanks.

jslabiak

« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2014, 04:05:37 pm »

I am new to MC and trying to get Webgizmo to work on IOS 7.  When I attempt to play via Safari or Chrome I receive an error that the browser cannot download the file type.  This works on Android and in a desktop browser.

Joshua Slabiak

olag00

• Recent member
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2014, 09:05:32 pm »

Can we get a back button included?  After selecting an audio file, you have to go all the way through the drill downs to get back to the album you were at previously.

EDIT: To clarify why I would like to have this feature is I am embedding the web address into an android program that does not have the normal "back" button like in a standard web browser.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2014, 01:14:24 pm »

Yeah I think I'm adding to the general feel of the last few comments:

Any chance we could get some playback display and controls?  Just now I wanted to skip to the next track and was surprised to find that I couldn't...

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2014, 11:33:37 am »

Can we get a back button included?  After selecting an audio file, you have to go all the way through the drill downs to get back to the album you were at previously.

EDIT: To clarify why I would like to have this feature is I am embedding the web address into an android program that does not have the normal "back" button like in a standard web browser.

+1 for this!  I am in the same boat.  I use iRule for whole house automation and have embedded WebGizmo into my app and once you get to your search results the only options is to go home.

Tanoshimi

• Junior Woodchuck
WebGizmo on Firestick?
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2019, 09:30:28 am »

(Bumping this WebGizmo thread, since it was linked to in the Wiki.)

Has anyone tried using WebGizmo on the Firestick?  Is WebGizmo still being supported?  I've had problems with WebGizmo not going full screen on IE and it doesn't update my playcounts to show something has been watched.  Is there any support or work on it?

(If not, maybe I can assist?)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2019, 09:42:27 am »

Webgizmo is no longer supported.  You could try Panel.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up