INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: WebGizmo -- looks and works like Gizmo -- runs in a browser  (Read 97932 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: NEW: WebGizmo -- looks and works like Gizmo -- runs in a browser
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 12:44:26 am »

Yeah, with so many settings, it can be difficult to find everything.  Comes with the territory I suppose.

btw. I'm just a user like you - no affiliation w/JRiver.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

NickF

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:44 am »

This is looking good so far but I'm having problems on Audio, Artists and Audio, Albums with the Album Art. Many of the art files are the wrong ones for the Artist or Album.  I used to get this with WebRemote too.  When I select an artist with several albums, I always get the correct art files.  It seems to be quite random.  Is this a problem with theGizmo code or the art files/folders?

Nick.
I have now been through all of my Cover Art for every audio file and put the cover art inside the flac file tags.  This has made no difference to this problem.  The Cover Art association inside MC17 is fine but, in WebGizmo, is completely erratic.

I have been running this on my iPad.  When I run it on a PC with IE, Safari or Firefox, it works fine.  So this is either an IOS/Safari problem or related to running over wi-fi.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 06:30:46 am »

I have now been through all of my Cover Art for every audio file and put the cover art inside the flac file tags.  This has made no difference to this problem.  The Cover Art association inside MC17 is fine but, in WebGizmo, is completely erratic.

I have been running this on my iPad.  When I run it on a PC with IE, Safari or Firefox, it works fine.  So this is either an IOS/Safari problem or related to running over wi-fi.

Nick.
Are they jpg files?  The file type might matter.  See if Safari can display them without conversion.  Size might also matter.

NickF

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 06:47:03 am »

Are they jpg files?  The file type might matter.  See if Safari can display them without conversion.  Size might also matter.
The files are all .jpg.  The image files are generally around 30 to 50kbytes.  They all display OK but against the wrong artist or album.  Some are correct, many are wrong.  The errors vary on refresh.  For those in the wrong place, the cover art is always earlier in the sequence than they should be.

The same thing is happening on my iPhone4s.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:17 pm »

The files are all .jpg.  The image files are generally around 30 to 50kbytes.  They all display OK but against the wrong artist or album.  Some are correct, many are wrong.  The errors vary on refresh.  For those in the wrong place, the cover art is always earlier in the sequence than they should be.

The same thing is happening on my iPhone4s.

Nick.

Does a hard refresh fix it?  I'm wondering if it's caching the image.

This would be bad since each run containers have different ids, meaning an image URL will point to a different container each run.

I'll check to see if we're specifying a no-cache header on the server side.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 09:55:16 pm »

I posted this in another thread but no JRiver team member posted so figured I'd throw it in here.

Small bug in WebGizmo... you cannot start video to Play THERE... it will always play HERE. You can control video THERE once it is already started. Seems like a small thing because WebRemote is OK for starting video THERE.

Thx :)

NickF

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:48 am »

Does a hard refresh fix it?  I'm wondering if it's caching the image.

This would be bad since each run containers have different ids, meaning an image URL will point to a different container each run.

I'll check to see if we're specifying a no-cache header on the server side.
Matt, I have tried clearing the cache on the iPad but it doesn't help.  If this was to do with container ids, why wouldn't they all be wrong?  Some are right, some are wrong.  A page refresh yields a different result every time.

For example, on the current page, the first 11 are right, the next 4 are wrong, the next 4 are right, the next 3 are wrong, the next 2 are right, 1wrong, 2 right, 5 wrong, etc.

Nick.

locust

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 11:22:56 am »

Hey Matt

I've tried to set rules for file display for Gizmo

In Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customise Views for Gizmo

I've used to the following rule..
[Media Type]=[Image] [Filename (path)]="Users\Home\Pictures" [{Flag: Picture}]="Correctly Tagged"

It doesn't work.. I even then tried to add a library item and it wouldn't show either..
Do the options only work for Android Gizmo? And if so will you merge Gizmo & Android Gizmo into one?

Sounds slightly difficult to do that, MC would have to be able to auto generate new html when users add custom views.

Thanks

MrC

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:16 am »

[Media Type]=[Image] [Filename (path)]="Users\Home\Pictures" [{Flag: Picture}]="Correctly Tagged"

Is this path really correct?

locust

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 12:07:12 pm »

Yeah it is..

The rule is

Filename (Path) - Contains - "Users\Home\Pictures"

Drive letter doesn't matter this way..

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:07 pm »

Any suggestions how i get WebGizmo running over my Ipsec/L2tp tunnel? If i give the IP adress my tunnel presents i get remote server not found...
Gizmo on Mobile works fine.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 01:20:02 pm »

The wiki has an article on "Network Access". 

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:28 pm »

I noticed some time ago. It's rather sparse on information. Beyond give IP address it doesn't get very far.
I figured that much out for myself strangely enough.  :-\

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 01:30:55 pm »

I noticed some time ago. It's rather sparse on information. Beyond give IP address it doesn't get very far.
I figured that much out for myself strangely enough.  :-\
It's this part that you might have missed:

The port you use must be accessible (not blocked by a firewall) from outside your network, and you must be using the outside address of your network. A cable modem, for example, has both an inside and an outside address. The outside address is the only one available from the Internet. You can find out what your outside address is by visiting whatsmyip.org.

Addresses like 192.168.0.* or 192.168.1.* are special addresses used only on internal networks. You can't connect to one of these from outside the network, unless your router makes the switch. This is called NAT (Network Address Translation) or port forwarding. You might need, for example, to connect to 214.111.133.10 from outside your network, and your router might convert that to 192.168.0.15. The latter is a sort of "fake" address not available from the Internet.

NickF

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »

Is there any news on the cover art problem?  It is the same in 17.0.68.  I also find that, occasionally, one of the cover art files is used as the background.

Nick.

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:11 pm »

I would love to have some basic playlistmanagement in there like adding/editing/removing

Me too!!

This is one are where Gizmo for Android is really lacking...

NickF

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2012, 09:19:33 am »

I have just noticed that the wrong cover art problem also occurs on videos/movies.

Nick.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2012, 05:48:56 am »

If Gizmo on my mobile works fine, why can't i use WebGizmo. (and i did read the wiki and i do know how to type IP's)
All i get is Webpage temporarily not available.

My server is up and running:

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2012, 08:23:50 am »

Something else I'm seeing is that the album art isn't always displayed in Windows Media Player (using it at work). If the track that I play is an MP3, then the album art is diplayed within WMP but if the track is a FLAC file then it doesn't show inside WMP.
This is still happening. I wonder if it's related to Nick's problem?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2012, 09:37:57 am »

If Gizmo on my mobile works fine, why can't i use WebGizmo. (and i did read the wiki and i do know how to type IP's)
All i get is Webpage temporarily not available.
On the machine where MC is running, what happens if you enter this in your browser?

localhost:52199

If that works, the problem is network or firewall related.  The wiki has a topic called "Network Access".

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 06:45:28 pm »

Any update on WebGizmo functionality in firefox?
Just to cure my curiosity I loaded WebGizmo in FF and the looked at the source code to see if I could figure out anything.
I didn't get very far before I realized it was over my hobbyist level knowledge. I was able to get a player visible by setting the
player based on px instead of %. Once I was able to see the player I was also able to see an error "loaded file is not a
valid media provider". I did a search for that error and it is evidently common so there may be some useful information to
help solve the issue.
Webplay works fine on FF not sure what the differences are between the 2 but I would think if play works then gizmo
shouldn't be too difficult to repair.
Sean

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2012, 01:56:52 am »

Am I correct in my assumption that webGizmo only supports video playback in flash, so video playback isn't supported in iPhones and Windows Phone 7 devices?

Thanks

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2012, 05:48:07 am »

On the machine where MC is running, what happens if you enter this in your browser?

If that works, the problem is network or firewall related.  The wiki has a topic called "Network Access".

It doesn't work:

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 06:31:35 am »

Try using IE.

Is that the same machine as you're running MC on?

If so, Media Network may not be running.  Go to Tools/Options/Media Network and turn it on.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 12:54:45 pm »

Since updating to 17.0.71 I have video working in Firefox 9.0.1 to get it to work I simply edited the Play_Flash.html file in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 17\Data\Library Server\Gizmo\Default
I changed height and width from a 100% value to the values below which is pixels you can use which ever values you desire and if you want full screen right click and select toggle fullscreen.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
jwplayer('player').setup({
'flashplayer': 'scripts/player.swf',
'file': '[File.FlashLink]',
'autostart': 'true',
'height': '768',
'width': '1024',
'duration': '[File.Duration]',
'provider': 'scripts/jrmediaprovider.swf',
'skin': 'scripts/glow.zip',
});
Maybe the devs could query for browser type/version and use an if statement to not use % when the browser is mozilla.
Another solution would be to use the screen resolution or window size value to set the player size.

Edit: I have only tested with flv and mp4 as that is how my all my files are encoded.
Sean

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »

Great work and very handy.

I have one question: I can not find out if it is possible to restrict access by demanding a password.

I would like to require minimum a password when conecting to my server from the internet (not required from the house intranet). How can this be done?

MrC

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 06:02:26 pm »

Setup a VNP or an SSH tunnel.

wadbat75

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2012, 05:02:20 am »

Hi,

I run the MC17.068 on my home PC and I try to run WebGizmo on my PC at work. I get the "Could not connect" message.

I can ping my homepc from work over my VPN network.
I can see the homepc as a computer in my network.
I can run WebGizmo on my homepc when I am at home with "homepc:52199"
I use the same "homepc:52199" with Chrome and IE at work but it doesn't work.

I run W7 on both computers.

Has anyone had the same problem?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2012, 06:44:12 am »

Take a look at our wiki article called "Network Access".  Your address from work needs to be an IP address, colon, port number.  It has to be the "outside address" of your home network.

You can test whether your PC is reachable from outside your network while you're still at home.  Click on the Access Key in the settings area to begin.

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:41 am »

Thanks For answering...

But why not introduce a user/password identification posibility....

There is such possibility already as part of the sync capability.. It will be more easy to give friends access and the access can be turned on/off simply by changing the password.?

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »

After playing with WebGizmo for a while, I have no problems playing and controlling audio files.

However, when I try to play video files, they only play in the browser even when I select "Player" as the destination. I get similar behavior when using IE9 on the same computer with my library or when tring to acces the library from my iPhone.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2012, 02:38:31 pm »

However, when I try to play video files, they only play in the browser even when I select "Player" as the destination. I get similar behavior when using IE9 on the same computer with my library or when tring to acces the library from my iPhone.
Video in WebGizmo is broken, but should be fixed soon.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:07 am »

Trying to use webgizmo on iphone via safari.
i cannot get webgizmo to play the music so I hear it thru the speakers connected to the (Media Center) host pc.

On the iphone i see "Playing here (click to change)" at top of screen.
I click and try "This Location" the first option and it plays on iphone.
I try again and instead click "Player" and it still plays on iphone??

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16:39 am »

Video in WebGizmo is broken, but should be fixed soon.

doesn't work in Gizmo anymore too. The tumbnails come up fine but when you open a movie it's just blackscreen.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 02:23:29 am »

Try using IE.

Is that the same machine as you're running MC on?

If so, Media Network may not be running.  Go to Tools/Options/Media Network and turn it on.

Same machine, i tried all browsers i have installed, Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE
Media network is running, a few posts earlier i posted a screenshot of the log
Firewall is open for JRiver since i can connect with Gizmo Android fine.

NickF

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2012, 01:49:28 am »

Is there any news on the cover art problem?  It is the same in 17.0.68.  I also find that, occasionally, one of the cover art files is used as the background.

Nick.

@Matt.  Is there any news on this cover art problem?  Is anyone else seeing it on iPad or iPhone?  It is really spoiling WebRemote and WebGizmo for me.  I can't believe it is anything to do with my setup as it is completely standard in this respect.

Nick.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2012, 10:15:24 am »

First of all, many thanks for the developer's incredible work here on WebGizmo.

Quick WebGizmo bug report:

-When running WebGizmo on iPad's Safari browser, one of my views gets the cover art and album titles mixed up after about 25 titles or so.

This bug occurs in the stock MC "Albums" view modified to see the albums in random order.

-When you hit "Play All" from album or views on this browser, funny things happen with the quicktime player in the browser window.

NickF

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2012, 12:01:24 pm »

When running WebGizmo on iPad's Safari browser, one of my views gets the cover art and album titles mixed up after about 25 titles or so.

Well at least it isn't just me!!

Nick.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2012, 10:23:44 am »

Is m3u playback in-browser still a planned feature? Would love to use Gizmo on my mac air in Google Chrome at work.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2012, 06:51:09 am »

Well at least it isn't just me!!

Nick.

I've noticed it when browsing photos, sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the image when you open it up!

R

NickF

« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:58 am »

I've noticed it when browsing photos, sometimes the thumbnail doesn't match the image when you open it up!

R
What device are you using?

Nick.

pcstockton

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:21 am »

Here Mode (the equivalent of WebPlay):

* Video doesn't work at all.  Playing files results in a long loading delay, followed by a GetFile screen (where presumably you can open the file using an installed app, but which typically doesn't actually work).
* Audio seems to work pretty well for playing single tracks.  However, wouldn't it be better to start playback with the chosen file, but then continue to play subsequent tracks (like the default behavior of Double Click in MC itself)?
* Play All for Audio doesn't work right (it only plays the first track and stops), and it renders with a screen like this:

Has there been anything fixed on these fronts?

I tried yesterday as a replacement for PlugPlayer.  I can only get one track to play as well.

Thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:12 am »

The audio problem is related to how the most recent version of iOS handles it.  Older versions work.  We may be able to find a solution.

Video and images work now, but the build isn't public yet because of other problems.

pcstockton

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:57 am »

Thanks Jim!  I look forward to the update!

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2012, 02:36:46 am »

Same machine, i tried all browsers i have installed, Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE
Media network is running, a few posts earlier i posted a screenshot of the log
Firewall is open for JRiver since i can connect with Gizmo Android fine.

Anymore suggestions?
Firefox/Chrome are  barebones clean install.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2012, 07:09:47 am »

On a couple of those screenshots, it appears that you've entered it in the search window, not in the normal URL window.

Make sure you have a colon and no spaces between localhost and 52199.

Is Media Network turned on?

pcstockton

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2012, 09:24:01 am »

Anymore suggestions?

- Have you created the exception in your Firewall for MC?
- Do you need to open port 52199 on your router?
- Is there any chance you changed the default port in MC Network Settings?

-p

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2012, 10:14:05 am »

i had the same problem trying to connect and restarted MC as someone else suggested and it started working (apart from my weird problem with iphone ios5!)

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:26 am »

- Have you created the exception in your Firewall for MC?
- Do you need to open port 52199 on your router?
- Is there any chance you changed the default port in MC Network Settings?

-p

But i got it suddenly working by using ipaddress/WebPlay, go figure  ?

pcstockton

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2012, 11:40:10 am »

But i got it suddenly working by using ipaddress/WebPlay, go figure  ?

Silly question but.... you are using MC17 right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up