INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO on iPhone 4S ?  (Read 2164 times)

dla123

• Recent member
GIZMO on iPhone 4S ?
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:21:32 pm »

Does Gizmo run on the iPhone 4s and if so how does it compare to how it runs on Android?

Been  reading up here and it seems Gizmo is the best application for remote control of JRiver MC.  I'm running MC16 on Windows 7 PC which is hooked up to my TV and stereo. I'd like to use a mobile device to control MC, play music, etc.  I'm due for a phone upgrade in a week or so and deciding between getting an iPhone 4S or an android phone (something like galaxy nexus). 

Can someone comment on how Gizmo runs on both or if there is a better application for control of MC?  I like the iPhone for its small size and camera but I also want to control my HTPC with this device so looking for any feedback on which device would be ideal.  Thanks in advance !

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: GIZMO on iPhone 4S ?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 09:59:43 pm »

WebGizmo is out now:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68684.0

Requires the latest build at the top of the MC17 board.

dla123

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:41 am »

Thank you for the info.  How does the web-based version compare to the app performance-wise?  I'm leaning toward getting an iPhone bc of the small size oft the phone and the camera but concerned it may be difficult to integrate the phone with JRiver.  Should I be concerned?

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:14:51 am »

I've been trying the new Gizmo web interface. It's a bit slower than Gizmo, how much slower depends on the device. On my Galaxy three phone it's only slightly slower, on an O2 Joggler running Android it's painfully slow, but Gizmo runs well on the Joggler.

It runs reasonably well on an ipod touch that I use for HS control and would probably be more responsive on an up to date iphone. It is quite usable on the ipod with one caveat. The ipod doesn't have a back button; if you have a deeply nested view structure and go one level to far, there's no way to go back up a level. You have to start from scratch, which gets a bit irritating. That wouldn't be a problem if you only have a shallow view structure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up