INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Filters and Televison  (Read 984 times)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Custom Filters and Televison
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:15:51 pm »

Is anyone able to select them somehow? When I try while viewing live television via right clicking the dialog never shows up. If I try from Options and create a filter for jtv files it seems to be ignored.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Custom Filters and Televison
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:48:30 am »

Digital TV or analog? Analog TV still does not follow Red October settings.

What filters did you try to use?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:32:56 am »

Analog. I was trying to get it to use a renderer other than EVR. Also being able to pick decoders would be nice. I understand with the Colossus you have to inject certain filters, but having some control would be nice.

The reason I'm trying to do this is I get stuttering from my receiver for some reason. Sometimes it is crystal clear with the occasional sound hickup. Other times the picture is jumpy and the "input display" (shows incoming audio channels) on the receiver is blinking on and off with no sound. Most often when the sound is OK the audio is out of sync.

I have not tried with component video connections which I suspect others are using.

Once I get this working I'm going to fix up the wiki for others to use. I'm technically adept and getting this working to this point is a real chore. After the wiki I would be able to offer some input to you on how to improve things.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:43:03 am »

I do have a plan to revamp analog graph building so users can have control.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:12:11 pm »

That would be nice. I'll keep you updated on how the component video connections work...

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:37:30 pm »

Along a similar vein, custom filters for digital TV would also be a good feature.

I'm thinking more in terms of splitter/decoder rather than renderer eg. MDAPIfilter. Allowing this in the graph (I'm guessing it goes between the BDA tuner/decoder and the splitter) would allow the use of SoftCAMs and encrypted/PayTV. I believe it decodes the encrypted stream into a normal TS. Some PVR software actually come with MDAPIfilter support built in I believe, but just allowing this into the filter graph would be a step towards making encrypted TV work. (BTW you still need a card reader and valid subscription for this, so I'm in no way advocating anything illegal).

For me, this would have to be after DVB-S support ;)

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up