INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on Avforums discussion  (Read 13611 times)

lbstyling

• Recent member
Re: JRiver on Avforums discussion
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 08:13:53 am »

Ok chaps,

Further updates are in hand to be added.

Next- I need to write a summary of JRiver to add to the 'sticky' post that the media center software comparitor will be attached to.-

see here-
http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1572299-htpc-software-comparison.html

Any contribution to the subject is most welcome!

to start with, key points need to be what are the key advantages/ dissadvantages to the software over the competition (as opposed to listing what it can do generaly)

Thanks again!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:33 am »

Well, sadly, due to negative comments, you're going to have to remove "gives you a haircut" from the list.

Matt's not going to offer that any more :(
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:30 pm »

Next- I need to write a summary of JRiver to add to the 'sticky' post that the media center software comparitor will be attached to.-

You can probably copy and paste some bits from this page:
http://www.jriver.com/overview.html

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »

I put a rough draft of a description here:http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1572299-htpc-software-comparison.html

Thank you for what you've done.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »

Jim, I like it.  I suggest a small change to this sentence...

"MC is a DirectShow player and uses Red October, its own method of downloading, installing, and configuring DirectShow filters like madShi and LAV"

to this...

"JRiver MC is a DirectShow player that uses Red October, its own method of downloading, installing, and automatically configuring DirectShow filters like madVR and LAV Filters by default, but still allows you full flexibility to use any DirectShow filter in conjunction with, or totally separate from Red October.
pretend this is something funny

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 07:31:44 pm »

to start with, key points need to be what are the key advantages/ dissadvantages to the software over the competition (as opposed to listing what it can do generaly)

For me an advantage for MC is a focus on audio quality as well as video.  I use MC mostly for two channel audio and mostly with headphone gear.  However I also like concert DVDs and other music DVDs.  When I play my DVDs I want the same audio and audio features as I have with my music listening.  MC can do that.  Same direct audio path (in my case ASIO), same DSP options, same parametric EQ options, same headphone processing settings, same output to the same DAC.  The same sound and setup as I'm used to.  The audio features and media management (database) features are the key advantages for me and what eliminate many other software options.

I know my use and focus is not typical of most HTPC use.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up