INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reordering the playing now list  (Read 521 times)

jimbo

reordering the playing now list
« on: May 15, 2002, 04:37:10 pm »

This may be a really stupid question but is there another way to move a track within the Playing Now window other than drag'n'drop, version 7.2.280. If I have a long playlist running there and decide to add a new track it gets added to the end and it can then take ages to scroll it up on drag'n'drop to somewhere near the top.

Also .... on a maybe related note ... what does "update playback order" on the right click menu do in there. I can't find any explanation in the help.

Thanks .... great package btw ....only wish i'd found it sooner

Jim

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:reordering the playing now list
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 05:07:23 pm »

Version 8, now on the downloads page, has more options in this respect.  I suggest you give it a try.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:reordering the playing now list
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 05:16:27 pm »

That's really the only way to do it in 7.2.280 that I'm aware of. Version 8 (beta available on the download page) makes it easier with copy/paste command and different Send To options (Playing Now (as next to play), Playing Now (shuffle), etc.).

Update playback order is used when you sort Playing Now (like by artist or year or something) and you want it to play in that order. The "Seq" column is the actual playback order, so even if you sort by Artist, you'll notice that the Seq column still reflects the original playback order. Update Playback Order will set it to reflect the sort you just did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up