INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reccomended settings for Audiophilleo & MC17 ?  (Read 4903 times)

ajowers

• World Citizen
Reccomended settings for Audiophilleo & MC17 ?
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:27:10 am »

Hi,

I just ordered the Audiophilleo 2 to replace my Musiland Monitor 02 US.  I will be running COAX out to the REGA DAC.

PC --> AP2 --> REGA DAC

I am on MC17 now.  Can someone reccomend the best Audio output settings ?

Phillip at Audiophilleo reccomended that I "send 24 bit data".  He could not explain further.  Does he mean that I should check that box that says "present 24bit data in a 32 bit number( required by some hardware)"

-or-

That I should turn on Output processing and upconvert all audio sources to 24bit... ?

I want a bit perfect output (if thats the right word).  If the source is 16bit I want 16it to make it to the input of the DAC and 24 bit that same...

Is this not prefereable?

Any help would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Reccomended settings for Audiophilleo & MC17 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:07 am »

This topic will help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Also the topic on DAC Settings.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39:40 am »

Thanks.  currently I use WASAPI and do not have the option checked to "present 24 bit ...." and it is working fine... MY AP2 will be here next week.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:53:14 am »

Thanks, I have read all of the WIKI information and understand it as I have been using MC for several years with async drivers on my Musiland.

DAC Settings:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings

Does any one have first hand experience with MC and Audiophilleo and can answer my question ?

I would like to know if ASIO or WASAPI under Win 7 32bit will produce the best results.  I plan to use the driver supplied by Audiophilleo since I have a good bit of FLAC music in 24 bit 96, 88, 192 khz formats.  Also, what other options seem to work best.... I will select 24bit under bit depth in the DSP Output setings an try that.

Thanks in advance.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:44:04 am »

I am now on MC17.  I use WASAPI Event Driven.  Output options include only 24bit output.

I have music of all bit rates up to 192K.

I have installed the 32 bit driver for the Audiophilleo under Win 7 Home Prem 32bit.

I uninstalled my Musiland Drivers and unplugged that device to keep my system clean.

I started an artist playing and allowed the system to play for 4 days straight with out any issues as a test and burn in period.  In fact when I play the same music over and over I do not seem to get any problems.  There are no clicks or pops and the audio is much better than with the Musiland Monitor 02.

However, I have noticed that while auditioning various music using the remote in Theater View, MC17 will crash and Win 7 reports this.  I must then launch MC17 again.  My guess is this happens because I am randomly picking music of different bit rates and foricing it to switch all the time.

I am assuming that the driver supplied by Audiophilleo is the issue but could it be a setting or MC17 bug?

This crash has happened 5 times in one week.  Are there any debug logs that I can turn on and check next time it crashes to determine if this is MC17 or the Audiophilleo driver ?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:04 am »

I am now on MC17.  I use WASAPI Event Driven.  Output options include only 24bit output.

I have music of all bit rates up to 192K.

I have installed the 32 bit driver for the Audiophilleo under Win 7 Home Prem 32bit.

I uninstalled my Musiland Drivers and unplugged that device to keep my system clean.

I started an artist playing and allowed the system to play for 4 days straight with out any issues as a test and burn in period.  In fact when I play the same music over and over I do not seem to get any problems.  There are no clicks or pops and the audio is much better than with the Musiland Monitor 02.

However, I have noticed that while auditioning various music using the remote in Theater View, MC17 will crash and Win 7 reports this.  I must then launch MC17 again.  My guess is this happens because I am randomly picking music of different bit rates and foricing it to switch all the time.

I am assuming that the driver supplied by Audiophilleo is the issue but could it be a setting or MC17 bug?

This crash has happened 5 times in one week.  Are there any debug logs that I can turn on and check next time it crashes to determine if this is MC17 or the Audiophilleo driver ?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know why it happens, but you could resample everything to 192 (for example).  See if that helps.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:14:29 am »

I tried but I hear clicks.  My cpu is a single core atom.  not enough processing power.

How do I diagnose this issue ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 09:21:20 am »

Try changing the buffer size for WASAPI.  Try the other WASAPI. 

pcstockton

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 09:44:11 am »

You said above that you want "16bit to be 16bit". 

Why upsample at all? 

Just have MC pass along native bitrate/freq, au natural.  I have found that DSPs at best can only serve to degrade a wonderful 16bit recording and certainly it doesn't do anything to fix a bad recording.  This is with a great program like MC and decent hifi of course.

With your Rega DAC, you dont need any help upstream.

Cheers!
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up