INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO files set to Video type not generating sidecar files  (Read 1289 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
ISO files set to Video type not generating sidecar files
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:16:28 pm »

I imported ISOs, modified the Media type to Video, Media Subtype to Movies, updated some tags, then did a "update tags from library", but no sidecar file is generated. Does MC look to the extension rather than the database field when creating video sidecars?  And if that's the case, should I modify the file type to be video rather than data in my custom file association?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ISO files set to Video type not generating sidecar files
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:04:02 am »

lise, before version 14.050, you only had to change media type to video, to be able to create a sidecar..now that is not possible..

Quote from: lise
And if that's the case, should I modify the file type to be video rather than data in my custom file association?

sorry, but if i remember correctly that doesn't work either
MT5FR

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:26 pm »

Bump. I would love to do that and general sidecar support for user selected file types (i.e. pdf).

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:44:53 am »

I also think it would be useful if a sidecar was generated for .ISO's. Alternatively if it was possible to store metadata and cover art embedded into the iso. This because I have a bunch of DVD's, like concerts for example that I have manually tagged. It appears this data is just stored in the main database (makes it inconvenient to copy data to a different system etc..)
Pages: [1]   Go Up