INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Customized View Showing Folders Only  (Read 8717 times)

emastroi

• Recent member
DLNA Customized View Showing Folders Only
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:56 am »

Is there a way to create a DLNA customized view to simply show the folders as they are on my PC w\o the entire path? In other words, view files on my receiver as they appear on my PC.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: DLNA Customized View Showing Folders Only
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:25:04 pm »

You can customize the categories shown.

Go to Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... . Customize views...

Now add a Library Item of Filename to the Items To Show, placing it under the relevant media type (eg. Audio).  OK your way out and restart MC.

Now, re-navigate your way back from the root on your DLNA client to your relevant media section and you should see your new category there.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Mirlynn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:08:23 am »

I have been working to add custom views to my DLNA client. So far, I have had good luck. But, I am trying to do exactly what the original poster was asking but not having any luck. I have a HUGE library and am partial to the directory structure I have created to be able to find things. I would like to be able to walk the same 'tree' if possible.

That said, I don't know if it's possible but I want to be able to walk one directory level at a time and step down the path. For example... I have 3 main directories setup

z:\Music
z:\Video
z:\Images

I want to be able to view things at this highest level and 'drill down' into each folder. Right now, if I setup a view for "Filename" I get EVERY file in my library showing because it walks the directory structure all the way down to the file level. For example...

I see:
z:\Music\_DJ\Collections\80s\Pure 80s\Artist - Title.mp3

I have tried Filename (path) which is better in that it doesn't go all the way to the Filename itself BUT it goes almost all the way. Using the same example above, I see:
z:\Music\_DJ\Collections\80s\Pure 80s\

Any and all feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:36:04 am »

Under Items to Show, select Audio, select Add and then Library Item.

For the new library item created (which you can name), under Show Categories In This Order, click Add and select Type: File path and Browse to select the file path you want as the root.

Do this for the other media types Video and Images.

OK your way out, and re-browse via your device.  You'll see the new library items you created under each media type, and from there you can navigate.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Mirlynn

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »

Sorry for the slow reply. MrC, you are DA MAN! Thanks a BUNCH for the directions. I had been so focused on doing things via Library Fields that I never even considered other options.

Many many thanks!

noikokyra

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 11:28:54 am »

Hello, I am also interested in a DLNA view of the exact folder structure as it is on the server. The above tip works fine except for a little thing that annoys me:

If a folder contains both files and sub folders, they are not all readily seen, but a (non-existing on the real disk) folder named "This folder" is served to the DLNA view.

Is there any way to not have this "This folder"?

Example: if I have

Movies (folder)
   movie1.avi
   movie2.avi
   HD (folder)
      movie3.mkv
      movie4.mkv

the DLNA view when inside Movies is

This folder (folder)
HD (folder)

and one has to click on "This folder" to see movie1.avi and movie2.avi

I would like to see it just as on the PC (or other DLNA servers for that matter). Is that (or will that be) possible?

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up