INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD/Blu-Ray specials for TV Shows  (Read 1082 times)

lowjoel

• World Citizen
DVD/Blu-Ray specials for TV Shows
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:30:27 am »

How would we label TV shows for specials (e.g. stuff only on the DVD or Blu-Ray releases) so that Get Move & TV Info would work? I see the entries on TVDB (e.g. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=80042&seasonid=27401&lid=7) but I can't think of a way to tag my video files to get the feature to work for the specials.

Any ideas?

DrWhom

• Recent member
Re: Re: DVD/Blu-Ray specials for TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:44:53 am »

I was wondering about this as well. What I've done with special features is just continue filling the episode tag sequentially after the season ends, i.e. Episode 14 for the first special of a 13 ep season. While this works for sorting, I wish there was a dedicated way to deal with specials, especially those which should be in the tvdb like many British tv Christmas specials.

steelman1991

• World Citizen
Re: DVD/Blu-Ray specials for TV Shows
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:02:29 am »

Have a look at the second post here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70172.0 migth help.

Specials should be scraped as Season 0 followed by the episode as defined by the tvdb, but unfortunately JRiver doesn't recognise '0'.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »

Wow, okay, I thought I saw every topic since I visit the forum quite regularly >.< Thanks.

It'd be nice though if there were a way to automate the whole process.

MasterC

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:37:18 pm »

I was just having some difficulties with this as well.  I've found I've had to change the episode number to an arbitrary number, scrape the info, and then edit the tag and change the episode number back to 0.

Not the most intuitive or efficient process.  There must be a better solution?
Pages: [1]   Go Up