INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS Library Query  (Read 1385 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
MCWS Library Query
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:02 pm »

Can someone help me with a query into MCWS?  I want to read a number of Fields for a File.  I have the File Key and also the value of the Name Field.  I can get multiple Fields if I use the Name as a filter but I don't know how to make the value unambigiuous as a string.  The query below, for example, returns multiple files but includes the required fileds.

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/Values?Field=Name&Filter=A Bug's Life&Field=Producer,Actors,Description

I would prefer to use File Key as this would be unambiguous.

Nick.

HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

Re: MCWS Library Query
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:55:44 am »

After much experimantation, I have now achieved some level of success but am not where I need to be.  I would really appreciate some clarification.

If I use this query:

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/Values?Field=Name,Director,Actors,Producer&Filter=[A Bug's Life]

I get some results for each specified field but only two actors are returned.  Also, many other fields do not return results, e.g. Media Type.  So why don't all specified fields return results?  They all contain values.

If I use this query:

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/Values?Field=Actors&Files=[Key]=256796
I get all of the actors but this query will not support multiple fields.  It will also return results for the fields which the previous query would not.

Is there any documentation beyond what is provided by the server itself?

I am really struggling here!!   ?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:27:40 am »

The only documentation is for the Web Service Interface on the DevZone:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DevZone

NickF

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:30 am »

Thanks Jim, but I've read all of that and it doesn't answer my questions.

The service seems to be very inconsistent in its behaviour.  A query which returns info for one file will not for another, even though the fields are all populated.  I don't know whether it's me, the Web Service or the Library content.

Update:  the reason for the inconsistent behaviour is down to the strings I am using for Name.  I have been enclosing them in square brackets as this seemed to work.  However, if I enclose a single word in square brackets, it doesn't work.  So is there a universal way of enclosing strings, including single words, to make the string unambiguous for comparison with a field value?

Nick.

NickF

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:30:44 pm »

Bump.

I am still struggling here.  I want to fetch one or more fields for a file from within an HTML page.  I have the file Name and the FileKey.  Can anyone help here?

Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up