INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo won't play next track if Android goes to lock screen  (Read 1599 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Gizmo won't play next track if Android goes to lock screen
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:51 am »

On HTC EVO View tablet, the device invariably will go into screen off/lock mode Gizmo won't advance to the next track.  The currently playing track completes, but I have to turn the screen on and unlock the device and then Gizmo will play the next track, without further intervention.  I do not experience this behavior using an HTC EVO Shift running the same version (2.3) of Android.  The View tablet is not in Power Saver or Sleep modes when this occurs.  Given these devices' similarities, I'm at a loss to explain the difference in behavior.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo won't play next track if Android goes to lock screen
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:16 am »

That might be a setting on the default music player for your device.  Try using it to play files from the device, just to see what happens.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:40 am »

OK.  It's a new device, so I've never put any tracks on it (thought I would cleverly get around doing that by installing Gizmo).  I will transfer some and post the results.  There are both HTC and Android music players, so I may have to mess with both.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:45 am »

I'm not seeing any relevant settings on the device in either player.  Ironically, HTC has a really slick "Connected Media" player that seems to work very nicely with MC.  I will have to play around with that some, but of course I'd really like to have Gizmo working properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up