INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuilding Library (repointing media center library to new volume)....  (Read 1039 times)

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello All,

I was recently using an external RAID enclosure with my media library but have had to return it as it was not behaving properly. I am going to use a new enclosure and will be naming the volume differently to suit the device. However, I have a lot of entries in the media library that are pointing to the old device name and was wondering if there was an easy way to rename within Media Center so that it knows where to find the files on the new volume device. Or, does one have to clean up (remove) what is there and re-import things again?

Appreciate any help/advise on this...

Cheers,
Vin.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost

Right click to the files, select Rename, Move, & Copy Files.... At the upper left you can select to Update database to point to new location (no file rename, move, or copy). I guess for your case you should uncheck the first two options (Directories and Filename) but use the lower function "Find & Replace". This should do the trick for you.

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck

Let's make that a bit clearer.  Select or define the files to be redirected and right click, choose LIBRARY TOOLS and then you will get RENAME, MOVE & COPY FILES.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost

Whoops, forgot that step  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up