INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Visualizations and Custom Views  (Read 3091 times)

0Chemist0

• Recent member
Help with Visualizations and Custom Views
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:32 pm »

I'm new to JRiver and I'm struggling with finding Visualization Studio. I've searched and I've right clicked on everything and it never gives me the option for visualisations or Visualization Studio.

I also need help figuring out how to set up the Standard View the way I want it. In the Standard View I'd like to do things like remove Performer Store and make the playlist Icon larger.

I've search wiki and the help files already. If anybody can help with this; thanks for the solid.

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Re: Help with Visualizations and Custom Views
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:00:19 pm »

Start playing a tune, go to playing now, right click where your visual or cover is being displayed, at the bottom is visualization studio option.  :)

To remove performer store, got to tools > plug-in manager > store

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:52:07 am »

Thanks. It did work when playing a tune just on my computer (I never did try that). I usually just use it to stream media over DLNA to my receiver.
It still doesn't give me those options when streaming to the receiver. Is this feature disabled when using the media server?

I went to plug-in manager but it doesn't remove the button in the left pane. I'm trying to clean up the tree view in the left pane to only display items that I use frequently.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:03:54 am »

Did you click "Hide"?
Sean

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:13 am »

For more feature removal, type:

Ctrl-O followed by features.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:06 am »

Did you click "Hide"?

I don't think so...I didn't see any options to hide. When my receiver is selected from the now playing tree I get the album cover in the view window but when I right click I don't get any of the visualization options.

For more feature removal, type:

Ctrl-O followed by features.

Thanks that did remove some of the items. I still can't remove documents or performer store from the pane on the left.

Thanks again everyone for their help so far.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »

It does work.  See attached.

Did you restart MC after hiding?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »

Did you click "Hide"?

I see what you meant now.

[/quote]
It does work.  See attached.

Did you restart MC after hiding?

Thanks it does work. I was clicking on uninstall instead of hide. Man I feel stupid now. I like the program so far but it has a crazy learning curve.

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:34:02 pm »

Now if only visualizations would work when streaming to my receiver; I can put on some jams and enjoy the sunny day.

If and when I do get it to work does anyone know if the visual signals (visualizations) are sent to the receiver as well when streaming? My daughter just asked if the visualizations would also be on the tv during playback? I know I'm jumping ahead but that would be a cool feature especially when she has friends over etc.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 10:57:45 pm »

Now if only visualizations would work when streaming to my receiver; I can put on some jams and enjoy the sunny day.

If and when I do get it to work does anyone know if the visual signals (visualizations) are sent to the receiver as well when streaming? My daughter just asked if the visualizations would also be on the tv during playback? I know I'm jumping ahead but that would be a cool feature especially when she has friends over etc.

Is your receiver in another room or something? Is your PC not connected to the receiver directly e.g. SPDIF, HDMI, analog? Are they only connected via network cable? I want to know why you're using DLNA to your receiver, other than just because you can. Why don't you just play the file on your PC, listen through your receiver and visualise on your TV? Another option would be to link your DLNA receiver zone with a local PC zone when playing a song. Use the local zone to view the visualisations (mute sound on PC as necessary). There may be a synchronisation issue between the zones, but chances are you won't notice just looking at the visualisation.

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:36:42 am »

Is your receiver in another room or something? Is your PC not connected to the receiver directly e.g. SPDIF, HDMI, analog? Are they only connected via network cable? I want to know why you're using DLNA to your receiver, other than just because you can. Why don't you just play the file on your PC, listen through your receiver and visualise on your TV? Another option would be to link your DLNA receiver zone with a local PC zone when playing a song. Use the local zone to view the visualisations (mute sound on PC as necessary). There may be a synchronisation issue between the zones, but chances are you won't notice just looking at the visualisation.

The music is stored on a laptop that everyone uses so I can't connect it directly. My desktop crapped the bed recently. My girlfriend likes having the laptop in the kitchen etc and the ability to control the music from anywhere. Does it really make that big of a difference if I connect it via HDMI when the sound card on the laptop is not high quality?

I wasn't going to jump into the world of zones until summer when I setup the deck.

I don't know how to setup listening through the receiver with visualisations on the tv, I believe that was part of my earlier question.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:52 am »

The only way to get visualizations on the TV is with an actual video connection (HDMI, DVI, VGA) either through the TV or an A/V Receiver.
If you have an Android or iOS Device you can control MC through them and free up the laptop.
The quality of the sound card becomes less important when using a digital format and using a network device is no better/worse than HDMI.
Don't get me wrong a quality sound card is still important if you have the equipment that brings out all those little details but until you get
into high end audio equipment (Receiver, Speakers, etc) the audible differences are barely discernible if it all.
Sean

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:34:30 pm »

The only way to get visualizations on the TV is with an actual video connection (HDMI, DVI, VGA) either through the TV or an A/V Receiver.
If you have an Android or iOS Device you can control MC through them and free up the laptop.
The quality of the sound card becomes less important when using a digital format and using a network device is no better/worse than HDMI.
Don't get me wrong a quality sound card is still important if you have the equipment that brings out all those little details but until you get
into high end audio equipment (Receiver, Speakers, etc) the audible differences are barely discernible if it all.

Thank you. The ability to control MC from my phone will help ease "tension" in the home.
That's good news on the sound card. I was starting to get the itch to geek out and start upgrading the computer. I'm pretty sure my mid-grade setup will be happy the way things are.

As for the visualizations I still can't get them when playing music to my receiver. If I just play music using the Player option under Playing now (ie on PC only) I have options for visualizations. If I play to my receiver those options are no longer available. I must have something setup wrong.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »

I assume you have your Receiver setup as a zone in MC, if that is the cause the playing now has to be switched to that zone.
This is accomplished by selecting the zone in the tree under Playing Now.
Sean

0Chemist0

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »

I assume you have your Receiver setup as a zone in MC, if that is the cause the playing now has to be switched to that zone.
This is accomplished by selecting the zone in the tree under Playing Now.

When I select the receiver zone I don't get the options for visualizations. See image below.

Pages: [1]   Go Up