INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question About Ability To Modify Certain Track Properties and/or Settings. . .  (Read 1718 times)

MrCoffeeMate

Hey There  :)

Newbie here.

I would like to know if there is any way to modify/change/alter/edit the start (or begin/start/play) TIME of a particular track, using MJ.

I know this can be done in iTunes, and the changes are also applied to handheld devices you synch with iTunes, also.

To be a little more specific (in case you don't follow what I'm asking), some song tracks (especially particular live songs, and even some bootleg or rare tracks by certain artists) actually start the tape rolling some time before the song 'officially' begins. I want the song to start playing after that unnecessary time frame.

I realize that this can be a good thing in some cases (to have the recording begin before the song actually officially begins, that is). But sometimes it isn't such a great thing. One such example can be found on a Bob Dylan album (I am a huge Dylan fan). At the beginning of his live album, Hard Rain, there is about 25-30 seconds of band members tuning their guitars and/or warming up before the first song (Maggie's Farm) finally begins.

In iTunes you can go in and edit when the song actually begins playing (which in the example above would be about 25 seconds into the track).

I can't find a way to do this in Media Jukebox. . .can anybody possibly help me out, please?

Thanks  8)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

See if this helps:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Playback_Range_%28A-B_Playback%29

I don't know if it was implemented in the MC/MJ 14 time period.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It isn't in MJ.  Only in MC.

MrCoffeeMate

OK, I'll look into that.
Thanks!!

PS . . . BTW, what exactly is 'MC' ?

MrC

Media Center (as opposed to the free Media Jukebox).

http://www.jriver.com/index.html

MrCoffeeMate

So, in other words does this mean I need to become a paying member in order to be able to use this feature, then?

MrC

If what JimH says is true, and he would know, then yes, you'll need the full version of the software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up