INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashes when I switch my AVR's HDMI to another input  (Read 706 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
MC crashes when I switch my AVR's HDMI to another input
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:19:47 pm »

If I switch my AVR for watching TV while MC is playing anything (even if only MP3 audio), MC (99) crashes fatally (i.e., upon next start it asks to use all defaults).  However, MC behaves appropriately if I simply remember to stop whatever it's doing ... but this is a bit much to ask of my wife and friends ... and it should otherwise be considered buggy behaviour.

The hardware configuration is as follows ... my HTPC's A/V out is via my motherboard's onboard HDMI and it goes to one of my AVR's HDMI inputs.  My HTPC's secondary monitor is my Sony HDTV and its only input is via one of my AVR's HDMI outputs.  The configuration is well-behaved except for MC crashing only under the above circumstances.

Please advise ...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: MC crashes when I switch my AVR's HDMI to another input
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »

Yeah it is the "loss" of the Audio Output Device when you switch that causes the issue and it has been around forever.  This is a HW Driver issue and you only have a couple of options:
1) Get something like the HDMI Detective Plus - http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8005
2) Try a different GPU.  I have found the newer nVidia cards are better than they used to be but YMMV
3) See #1
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up