INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with MJB and Sound Blaster Live from Creative 4.1.  (Read 997 times)

Issue with MJB and Sound Blaster Live from Creative 4.1.
« on: May 07, 2002, 04:59:27 am »

Hi,

I have an issue with MJB 7.2 and SB Live that I can't solve.
When I play music I got sound only on my front speakers which is not the case if I use WMP.
SB Live is selected in MJB properties as the sound card. I got the last Creative driver (35.09). MJB is full updated. Nevertheless the sound does not come out from my rear speakers. I uninstall the driver, MJB but I still end up on the same concern.

Thanks for the tip.

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
RE:Issue with MJB and Sound Blaster Live from Creative 4.1.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 05:23:40 am »

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but I had a similar problem under XP. It went away after I installed their latest XP drivers--and the package for download is not just the drivers, but their actual AudioHQ and Surround Mixer applets. Now I get full 4-speaker sound. The applets don't actually have to be running to get the sound, but the problem is solved.
Severian

Clark

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 02:14:21 pm »

I installed the latest XP driver from Creative and even the one from Windows update after the installation of Liveware 3 for XP, but without success. I still have only the 2 front speakers working.

Any other tip?

Thanks
Windows XP Professional <br>Abit KG7 RAID / AMD XP 1700   / 512 Mo 2100 DDR RAM <br>ATI 8500 64 DDR RAM (BOX) <br>Creati

old geezer

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 02:54:58 pm »

I had the same problem. It was solved by selecting Direct Sound in Output (Options>Next Pagelayback Media Jukebox) I hope that this helps

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 03:26:43 pm »

Just to clarify, MJ just plays two channels.  Anything more is probably an issue with the sound card, or perhaps the OS.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up