INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Artist View...  (Read 1196 times)

Alembic86

• Master Of Images, Songs Cast A Light On You...
Open Artist View...
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:39 am »

Great program, have had it since early fall of 2011 and am really enjoying it a LOT.  Already have 15,700+ lossless FLAC files, works flawlessly and FAST.

An option that would be useful to me however, would be the option to open an Artist view from a recently added album.  More specifically, when I click on AUDIO---> RECENT ALBUMS, if I were to select one of the displayed albums (for example, Machine Head) and left click there - an option to open the artist (Deep Purple) in addition to the PLAY and LIST options would be extremely useful.  Is there already a way to do this?

Thanks again.
I7 PC Setup:  JRiver 17 ---> M-Audio 192 Card Digital Out ---> Grover Huffman (GH) Digital Cable ---> Schiit Bifrost DAC ---> GH Interconnects ---> Chiro Pre-Amp & Amplification ---> GH Speaker Cables ---> Legacy Victoria Speakers

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Open Artist View...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:40:09 am »

There are a couple of ways:

1) Expand the File list and click the Linking arrow next in the Artist column.
2) Right click the Album cover, and select Locate > Artist.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Alembic86

• Master Of Images, Songs Cast A Light On You...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »

That's _kind of_ what I was looking for.  What I was hoping for was for the entire catalog of the artist to open as if you had opened the artist list, selected the artist, and clicked on all albums to see the entire catalog.  Again kind of a wish list sort of thing - that's the way I like to see the listing since I have my albums sorted by year for each artist.  Not a big deal.  :D

Thanks for the quick reply.
I7 PC Setup:  JRiver 17 ---> M-Audio 192 Card Digital Out ---> Grover Huffman (GH) Digital Cable ---> Schiit Bifrost DAC ---> GH Interconnects ---> Chiro Pre-Amp & Amplification ---> GH Speaker Cables ---> Legacy Victoria Speakers

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 03:06:34 pm »

Got it.  Sounds like you'd like a command that performs:

Go To <some desired view> and it would auto-enter [Artist]=<selected artist> in the Search field.

thereby giving you the choice of views to switch-to/open-in a tab, and would narrow the results to show only the desired selected field.

The current Locate code (#2 method above) does nearly this - it brings you to the Audio view with the text entered into the search.  You can customize the base Audio view, but take note that its settings are inherited by the sub-views (although they can be overridden).  The Audio view is defined as a Panes view by default.  Customizing it to, say a Categories view, would give you essentially what you want.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up