INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loopback help needed win XP sp3  (Read 1852 times)

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
loopback help needed win XP sp3
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:40:42 pm »

Sorry to be back on this issue.  My win XP sp3 PC has been reinstalled and so for MC17 from the latest 17.0.136 version.
I am still unable to install the live://loopback in the URL option.  As I click "OK" after writing "live://loopback", MC crashes right there ?  Again, just like before.
I was able to set it on my other PC win7 desktop but I had stuttering problems.
I deeply need this MC's feature.  For this I've done my homeworks and read every line on the WASAPI Loopback (experimental feature)[ author=Matt link=topic=70242.msg473534#msg473534 date=1329779032], and followed all suggestions.
Must be some tricky windows XP issue somewhere that I can't find.  If someone has noted any similar system failure before that could lead to this MC's crashes, please help me on this one.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: loopback help needed win XP sp3
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »

I don't think it's going to work on XP.  It requires WASAPI, which was introduced in Windows Vista.

Sorry for not realizing this sooner.  We'll try to add better error messaging for this case in the future.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »

I don't think it's going to work on XP.  It requires WASAPI, which was introduced in Windows Vista.

Sorry for not realizing this sooner.  We'll try to add better error messaging for this case in the future.
Thanks Matt.  At least I'll stop bothering with this XP system.
Have you had any clues for the stuttering issue on win7 with ASIO drivers?  The RME HDSP AES32 card uses ASIO too.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:00:10 pm »

In a coming build:
Fixed: Starting loopback playback (live://loopback) would crash on XP instead of fail gracefully (loopback requires Vista or newer and WASAPI).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up