INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to create a Theater View scheme for TV Movies, need "Date" field.  (Read 1306 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a Theater View scheme that will show me all TV Movies presently in my guide (using [Keyword] contains "Movie"), sorted by date ascending, e.g. I would see an icon for each date, then drill down to see all the TV Movies for that day (In my case it would be for approx. 7 days).

Is there a way to automatically extrapolate the date from the "Date Recorded" database field to the "Date" field upon import of the guide data? Or alternatively (and perhaps even better) deduce the Day from the Date Recorded field and set that, so that my Theater View scheme would show icons for the day?

I've tried using the "Date Recorded" field for my view, but it's pretty useless as it includes the time.

Cheers,

J.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Format the [Date Recorded] field to suit your needs.  For example:

FormatDate([Date Recorded,0], yyyy-MM-dd)

See FormatDate() for formatting options.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Thanks MrC, but I have a question if I may...

I believe MC uses [Date Recorded] to fill the guide, as it contains both the date and start time of the program (and it's the only place this info appears).

If I alter the format to remove the start time, won't that bugger up the whole guide?

Cheers,

J.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you should change the Date Recorded value; rather, that you should use the expression to drive your view.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Thanks, I'll try it when I get 5 minutes tonight  :)

Much appreciated.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Worked a treat.

Am working on a sports view now as well, breaking it Down via type of sport (AFL, Motor sport etc.)
Will post screenshots and expressions later.

Thanks MrC
Pages: [1]   Go Up