INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripping questions please.  (Read 1677 times)

8lior8707

• Recent member
ripping questions please.
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:43:04 am »

1 can i add parameter to flac ripping options
2 where can i control the naming convention of the files careated by ripping ( like add track no to the file name )

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: ripping questions please.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:00:05 am »

1 - what are you wanting to add?
2 - tools-->options-->file location
Sean

8lior8707

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:55:20 am »

1. i do not want a specific answer . as far as i know the mc17 i can not do any thing but changing the compration level. am i wright ?
2. how can i control  file naming convention for the ripping ? ( like the options i have in "fill properties from file name") 

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:42:52 am »

Please check out the options. It's all there.

1. Tools - Options - Encoding
2. Tools - Options - File Location - Audio

You can set the path to rip to, the encoders, the level of compression, verification, path rules and naming rules. It's all there.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

8lior8707

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:31:01 am »

thank you  i ll check it
the same setting in encoding is for ripping and converting formats ?

NickF

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 11:50:47 am »

the same setting in encoding is for ripping and converting formats ?
I'm not sure what you mean by converting.  The encoding choice decides what format the audio files are encoded into for storage on your hard disc and which MC17 will play them in, e.g. .flac.  There is no other conversion required.

MC can transcode or convert the format if you need to stream the files to a device which cannot play .flac, via DLNA for example.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

8lior8707

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 11:58:11 am »

thank you .
what could be a possible reason to slow ripping . i mean 0.8 X SPEED while in the same pc eac program get to 9.0 X SPEED ?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:40:11 pm »

go to tools-->option-->CD, DVD, & BD and set CD Ripping Copy Mode to Normal

Quoted from the wiki
Copy mode:

Secure: This is the default mode and will give the most reliable rips. It does multiple read passes to ensure the extracted data is correct. It will generally be half the speed of other methods and possibly much slower than that if the media is damaged or the computer is very busy doing other tasks.

Normal: This is the fastest mode - use it if you need faster rip time than secure mode and are confident your discs will read accurately without secure mode.

Analog: If none of the digital modes work for you, you may have a very old CD-ROM drive that is not capable of digital ripping. In this case you can choose analog mode and set the recording volume as described below. This is the slowest ripping method and will take the same amount of time to rip a track as it would to play it. Note that analog ripping only works if your CD-ROM drive is connected to your sound card. If you can listen to audio CDs on your computer then analog ripping should work.

Sean

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 01:20:39 pm »

thank you .
what could be a possible reason to slow ripping . i mean 0.8 X SPEED while in the same pc eac program get to 9.0 X SPEED ?

Is this on every CD you rip, or just one in particular? 
If only one disc it could be caused by difficulty reading the CD due to dirt or scratches.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up