INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 locks up when asked to [Rip Disc]  (Read 1467 times)

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
MC17 locks up when asked to [Rip Disc]
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:24:09 pm »

Hey all,
For the first time, I just tried to rip a CD from MC17, and it locks up.

The first time I tried to do it, I was also playing music as the same time. It was capable of playing the music though, but all mouse control was gone (within MC), and the screen turned light gray. Figuring that was more processing than it was capable of all at once, I restarted the server, restarted MC, and went directly to [Rip Disc]. It locked up again. After restarting the PC again, I tried it once more (3rd time's a charm, right?) and of course, it locked. I tried the [Wait for program to respond] routine, to no avail.

I do have mouse control over Windows, no problem. Just not within MC17. When I close MC (via Win7), I get an error message that MC is not responding.
Here's a photograph of the screen. In the lower left corner, you can see the "swirly cursor" hovering over the [Rip Disc] button.

Thank you!
Bob

Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC17 locks up when asked to [Rip Disc]
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:43:07 pm »

What version of MC17 are you using?  You may find that there is a window that has been opened and waiting for a user response but is hidden behind the main MC window.  I thought this was resolved in a recent version.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:51:19 pm »

Thanks for the speedy reply Nick!

I'm using 17.0.165

I clicked the 'check for updates' box, and the Action Window says I've got the latest.

Bob
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:19:20 pm »

UPDATE: I discovered that if I use the [Rip Disc] feature from the task bar, it works just fine, but still locks up if I use the button in the lower left corner.
As far as I'm concerned, I've found an acceptable solution. I don't have to have that button "down there" work, just as long as I can rip a CD.

So I'm good with it.

(now I just have to work out the other little bugs I'm having)  ::)

Bob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 04:09:54 pm »

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates
Ohh..Would I be correct in assuming that since I've chosen the "stable" version, that my auto updates will lag a few behind the "latest and greatest"?

Thanks Jim and Nick.  :)

Bob

NickF

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:42:07 pm »

Ohh..Would I be correct in assuming that since I've chosen the "stable" version, that my auto updates will lag a few behind the "latest and greatest?

Yes.  The latest is always at the top of this board.  You can choose whether the changes are important to you.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
Re: MC17 locks up when asked to [Rip Disc] (SOLVED....twice)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

Excellent!

I would like to say to all involved that the lurning curve of MC is a bit daunting, indeed.
Out of shear frustration, I've thought about giving it up and seraching for alternatives.

However, I've been chipping away at the "thorns in my side" slowly, one by one.
With those items fixed, and running across a few things I wouldn't have even thought about asking if they could be "fixed", I think I'll be pretty happy here.

Listening to music shouldn't be a pain in the butt.

Thanks to Jim, Nick, and all involved with what MC17 has become.
I hope you can be patient with my noob questions, as they arrise.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up