INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA: add artist to musicAlbum containers  (Read 3354 times)

bubbleguuum

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA: add artist to musicAlbum containers
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:11:16 am »

Hi,

While testing interoperability between MC and Android BubbleUPnP for which I'm the author, I noticed that MC
do not set an artist for album containers:

Code: [Select]
   <container id="1380" parentID="1001" restricted="1" searchable="1" childCount="2">
      <dc:title>1st Bouquet</dc:title>
      <upnp:class>object.container.album.musicAlbum</upnp:class>
      <upnp:albumArtURI profileID="JPEG_TN">http://192.168.1.14:52100/CArt/1380.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI>
   </container>

Unless there is an option I overlooked, it would be great to add <upnp:artist> to these containers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA: add artist to musicAlbum containers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 07:21:16 am »

Thanks very much for testing.  We'll provide you a license.  Just e-mail me.  I'm jimh at jriver.

Are you using the latest build of MC?  It's 17.0.182.

AndrewFG, author of Whitebear, also tests and reports.  You might read his latest post on this board.

bubbleguuum

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

Thanks very much for testing.  We'll provide you a license.  Just e-mail me.  I'm jimh at jriver.

Thank you for the offer. I already bought the license yesterday.

Are you using the latest build of MC?  It's 17.0.182.
AndrewFG, author of Whitebear, also tests and reports.  You might read his latest post on this board.

I sure do !

I'm using the latest build for testing.
Overall, BubbleUPnP and MC play very nice with each other. 
I fixed a couple of very small issues on my end, and a more important one that prevented MC to populate a Library from BubbleUPnP's Media Server.

MC is really awesome software and I've just started to play with it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:34:37 am »

Thanks.  Feel free to start a topic on your software with a description and links.  I may move it to the Third Party board, but it would be interesting to others on this board, too.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:28:40 am »

I fixed a couple of very small issues on my end, and a more important one that prevented MC to populate a Library from BubbleUPnP's Media Server.

MC is really awesome software and I've just started to play with it.

Did the server population issue have anything to do with search support?

I"ll check into the artist issue, I assume you are asking for it with the filters? Are you browsing to MC's server or are using it as a controller to push content?

bubbleguuum

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:06:34 am »

Did the server population issue have anything to do with search support?

Yes. BubbleUPnP already supported the Search request made by WMP for the same thing so it was trivial to support MC.

MC: (upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.audioItem.musicTrack")
WMP: upnp:class derivedfrom "object.item.audioItem"

Maybe you want to try the second request if the first one fails or return no items

I"ll check into the artist issue, I assume you are asking for it with the filters? Are you browsing to MC's server or are using it as a controller to push content?

The filter is "*", so yes. It is when browsing MC's server, not tried when pushing content. On Control Points exposing the Browse tree (unlike MC), it is useful to have the artitst for albums containers so it can be dsiplayed alongside the album name.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:56 am »

Yes. BubbleUPnP already supported the Search request made by WMP for the same thing so it was trivial to support MC.

Maybe you want to try the second request if the first one fails or return no items
Sounds like a good idea.
The filter is "*", so yes. It is when browsing MC's server, not tried when pushing content. On Control Points exposing the Browse tree (unlike MC), it is useful to have the artitst for albums containers so it can be displayed alongside the album name.
Thanks for the extra info and feedback. Will check into this asap.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:09 pm »

Took a look at this and added it as you suggested. I'm wondering though if I'll get the same track more than once when not specifying musicTrack (like from a playlist).
The filter is "*", so yes. It is when browsing MC's server, not tried when pushing content. On Control Points exposing the Browse tree (unlike MC), it is useful to have the artitst for albums containers so it can be displayed alongside the album name.
You are looking for the artist/album artist on the container, as well as on the items within the container?

bubbleguuum

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 05:34:10 pm »

You are looking for the artist/album artist on the container, as well as on the items within the container?

Yes, as explained in first post. Most Media Servers will set an artist (the album artist) on musicAlbum containers.

Exexmple from WMP

Code: [Select]
<container id="933BA31A" restricted="1" parentID="7" childCount="5" searchable="1">
    <dc:title>Club Traxx EP</dc:title>
    <dc:creator>Laurent Garnier</dc:creator>
    <upnp:class>object.container.album.musicAlbum</upnp:class>
    <upnp:writeStatus>NOT_WRITABLE</upnp:writeStatus>
    <upnp:genre>Techno</upnp:genre>
    <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Laurent Garnier</upnp:artist>
    <upnp:artist role="Performer">Laurent Garnier</upnp:artist>
    <upnp:author role="Composer">[Unknown Composer]</upnp:author>
    <upnp:album>Club Traxx EP</upnp:album>
    <upnp:actor>Laurent Garnier</upnp:actor>
    <upnp:searchClass includeDerived="0">object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:searchClass>
    <upnp:searchClass includeDerived="0">object.container.album.musicAlbum</upnp:searchClass>
    <desc id="artist" nameSpace="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:WMPNSS-1-0/" xmlns:microsoft="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:WMPNSS-1-0/">&lt;microsoft:artistAlbumArtist&gt;Laurent Garnier&lt;/microsoft:artistAlbumArtist&gt;&lt;microsoft:artistPerformer&gt;Laurent Garnier&lt;/microsoft:artistPerformer&gt;</desc>
    <desc id="author" nameSpace="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:WMPNSS-1-0/" xmlns:microsoft="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:WMPNSS-1-0/">&lt;microsoft:authorComposer&gt;[Unknown Composer]&lt;/microsoft:authorComposer&gt;</desc>
  </container>

Just having <upnp:artist> or  <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist"> would be fine.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 05:29:30 pm »

Implemented in a coming beta and confirmed working. Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up