INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 125261 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2012, 12:35:40 pm »

AQUIRE IMAGES should support custom strings for folder structure; this used to be possible:

[Year]\[Month]\

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2012, 12:57:51 am »

I wish MC18 will have option to completely detach all audio processing for lowest possible software latency and buffer size (not just DSP). If it has such feature to bypass all processing area including switching track effects/trailing/fade/etc., it'd make such upgrade worthwhile for audiophile fans.

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2012, 02:39:10 am »

Better way of upgrading cover art for albums. Something like a total integration of Album Art Downloader. I am currently using this with "sent to ..." and then copy and paste album art. The "cover art / get from the internet" function in MC is poor.

Castius

« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2012, 01:36:16 pm »

+1 to AQUIRE IMAGES options

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2012, 07:11:35 pm »

Please Please can you consider adding the option to run the server as a service.

+1

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2012, 08:09:04 pm »

Another happy MC 17 user here, predominantly for DSD playback through Meitner and Mytek DACs.

Feature request for MC 18:
Please add a way to fix the clicks or tiny pauses between DSD tracks on albums which should be "gapless", e.g. contiguous tracks on an opera album, or a classical album with continuous tracks.

Feature request 2:
Support for DSD 128fs (5.644 MHz) playback.

Thanks!
Yeang

Ychng

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2012, 08:11:50 pm »

Another feature request:

Please work on making MC work more seamlessly with Squeezebox devices. I would happily ditch Logitech Media server if MC would step seamlessly into its place. I've tried getting my network of Touch devices to work with MC via DLNA, but it's a hassle!

Yeang

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2012, 02:19:12 pm »

Feature Reguest 1:
"Concert" as a video Media Sub Type

Feature Request 1:
Better .ISO handling with sidecar support.

For example I would like to store DVD ISO's as "Movie Name/Movie Name.iso", and have a sidecar file with tag information and cover art conveniently stored in the same folder. Just like how an DVD/VIDEO_TS folder is now handled.

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2012, 02:24:50 pm »

I wish to have the ability to play all DVD series (all episodes on the dvd and then go to the next, etc...) without having to go through the menu. Currently, I rip my DVDs with MakeMKV so that I can view a TV series seamlessly.

drhyoung

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2012, 04:05:09 pm »

I have MC17 installed on PCs and laptops around the house, running Theater View to keep things easy for everyone.
All talking to the same Library server.

When viewing images in Theater View it would be great to hit a key to instantly download to the PC/laptop the currently displayed image.

Cheers,
David

steviewonders

• Recent member
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2012, 07:05:34 pm »

Having multiple images for video previews would be a useful feature. So instead of having one thumbnail for the video, there would be several so you get an idea of what is in the video.

drhyoung

• Recent member
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2012, 06:09:37 am »

True Multi-Zone:

Hi,

Would be great if Theater View could be used on all GPUs/monitors independently in a multi-zone setup.
(And selecting and displaying images by family members is the one reason I can't not use Theater View.)

Similarly it would be good if the use of Theater View on one monitor didn't stop a movie playing on another monitor.

Otherwise MC17 is amazing compared to any other AV software I've used when it comes to multi-zone.

Being able to have the Playback Method set by Zone and FileType would be 'icing on the cake' (since different hardware sometimes needs different (non-MC) software to Play to it.

David

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2012, 09:59:31 am »

Request: Keep library server machine awake when playing from clients.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:40 am »

Request: Keep library server machine awake when playing from clients.
That should already be the case.  Please start a thread if you need help.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2012, 01:47:27 pm »

As it is now, making tag changes when MC changes tracks leads to frustration. The track changes cause the tags to get written as they are at that time, be they incomplete or blank, or whatever. I'd love to see this behavior change.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2012, 03:41:29 pm »

(and so, one tries again..)

Whatever can be done to optimize 2-channel sound quality via music playback even further. As I've stated earlier, there's still room for improvement here.

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:13 pm »

(and so, one tries again..)

Whatever can be done to optimize 2-channel sound quality via music playback even further. As I've stated earlier, there's still room for improvement here.

I'll +1 anything that will perfect the sound quality of the playback - in my case over an Ethernet interface. Not saying JRiver isn't good already, but between the various incarnations of Slimdevices/Logitech, versions of PS Audio's eLyric Music Manager, and now JRiver it's clear sound quality can vary across versions of a given server product.

Phil LD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2012, 03:11:30 am »

MusicBee has some features in the tagging section which currently surpass JRiver:
The main point is the Auto-tag by album feature which lets you search for album information online and then apply this to a set of tracks on your hard drive. Another cool feature is the digital fingerprint which tags songs without any metadata present.

kkmc996

• Recent member
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2012, 04:44:47 am »

I am using MC since version 12. It's a great tool to manage media and MC improved a lot over the time.
MC is the only software I use on windows and which holds me back to switch complete over to Mac.
- I would be really happy for an shortcut (search) from a single title to all titles which match the same and/or (better) similar name. This is already provided for albums, artists and genres.
This would be a really helpful feature for everybody who maintains many ten(hundred) thousands of songs.
- Also it would be great if the rating/category system would be exported properly to the windows file system. Currently you can't use any ratings done in Lightroom, Filebrowser, iTunes, NikonView etc....This prevents me using MC for pictures, because you loose information you edited.
- Last but not least an export with all data to iTunes on Mac would save a lot of time and would avoid inconvenience....

I am exited what will come

Karl

harpo

• Recent member
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2012, 06:28:45 am »

I'd love to see a m4a and ALAC encoder/transcoder implemented. Now that Apple has gone Open-Source on ALAC that shouldn't be a problem, right?

new2hifi

• Recent member
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2012, 10:58:02 am »

Hi Developers:

Kindly see this and please add this feature in MC18.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73869.0

Regards

StinkPiece

• Recent member
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2012, 01:18:39 am »

One feature I'd love to see is offline Last.fm scrobbling. I've been searching around and the only thing that has turned up was an older post and it said it wasn't possible at that time. If things have changed for this to be doable now, I'd love to see it implemented. I am not always connected to the internet so caching the song plays for later submission would be stellar.

MC18 is looking pretty great, regardless!

Jong

« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:19 am »

I very much hope that the improvements to blu-ray disc and improvements to ISO handling discussed in the appropriate threads make it into MC18.

- In 2012/13, MC needs to be able to automatically import blu-ray, whether in folder or ISO format, in the same way as DVD, without manual user trickery and with auto import of metadata.
- Blu-rays should be marked as such in appropriate views, in the same way as DVDs are currently.
- MC should intercept open source developments in Blu-ray menuing so it can use non-Java menus, specifically Slysoft Speedmenu. XBMC should not have better bluray support than MC18.
- There should be semi-automatic configuring of an external player for Blu-ray, either for all Blu-ray or just for 3D, according to the user's wishes. If possible, MC should auto-discover if a disc is 3D, 2D or both and offer appropriate options. If auto-discovery is not possible then the user should be able to easily tag Blurays as 2D, 3D or 3D/2D.

- The player needs an "info" box (ideally when the info key available on most remotes is pressed) that in particular shows subtitle and audio language AND audio codec (eg. DTS HD-MA) so the user can quickly and easily see if the player has selected the right default subtitle/audio options.
Further to this request for improved blu-ray support and as discussed elsewhere, MC should be able to open isos on import to determine movie duration, codecs, etc. Once movie duration is known then "last played" should be set according to the same rules as other movies. At the moment last played seems to be set the moment playback starts in the case of .iso.

audioriver

« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2012, 01:40:00 pm »

How about an option to hide the "Tag", "Action" and "Display" pop-ups at the bottom left?

It would be nice to clean up the Standard View by hiding these.  http://imageshack.us/f/3/84748417.jpg/ 

+1 for this.
Windows 10 Pro x64

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2012, 09:42:58 am »

Integration with Dezeer Music Service
outofspace

fonaklas

• Recent member
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2012, 06:20:09 am »

Please support embedded cuesheets for wavpack

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:24 am »

Some small changes/additions I'd like to see, that would make life easier...for me at least :)

• Enable the expression editor for absolutely all edit fields that accepts tag fields ([Artist], [Album] etc.). Without this, simply creating a meaningful way to automatically sort files etc. is much harder than it needs to be.
  • Please add a [Codec] field that exposes more information than just the container. As it is, there is no perfectly reliable way to sort AAC from ALAC in a MP4 (*.m4a) container. I would use this information for choosing only lossless files to transcode for my portable devices.
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2012, 08:00:28 pm »

MOG integration.

Why MOG? Because it has the best sound quality of... 320kb mp3. 18 million + tracks of all kinds of music. One can play any tracks/albums at any time for $5 per month. There's a free version.

For those who aren't aware, there is a desktop player for Windows and Mac. Check it out. BTW, I have no affiliation, I'd just like to seem them succeed, they're that good, and way better then streaming "radio" apps.

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2012, 05:04:23 am »

Just purchased a license for 18 so here goes:

Continue and improve integration with LastFM

Improve the 'look' - it looks old/dated. Make it look cool!

Better skins/themes

I can't use JRiver for playing TV and movies yet, so improve that - a lot - auto display fan art, auto import all the metadata and movie/tv show info - like the other free products do ...

Smooth Transition to Windows8

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2012, 10:25:51 am »

On the "convert format" add option to produce a single file !!

Meaning you have a gapless flac album but divided in tracks. Have the option to convert to mp3 but output a single file.
Would be a great and usefull option when converting gapless lossless albums to mp3 to be played on the car oem radio.
That way we would not get that "$#" gap between tracks on non gapless capable hardware.

Thank you

Clawdeath

• Recent member
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2012, 01:17:33 pm »

Convert DVDs to MKV but keep the DVD menus, so we can choose the audio track, the subs and watch the extras as if we were using the DVD, but with MKV files that uses a whole lot less space and maintain the same quality.

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »

I'd love to see the option to be able to enforce a certain action when double-clicking any file, without exception. As it is, setting the default action for double-clicking on files to something like "add to playlist (play now)", only really works with audio files. This causes so much grief when I'm having people over and someone wish to see a video clip, music videos etc. as MC will clear the playlist. Yes, I know it keeps backups of recent "playing now" lists, but it' still a pain.
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

Bizarroterl

• World Citizen
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »

I apologize if these have already been asked for.  They're all in reference to Theaterview.

Mark a video as watched if it has been watched with the ability to mark/unmark videos as watched manually.  If I manually mark a TV Series as watched all episodes are marked, same with a season.  The watched status indicator should be easily visible on screen.

Change the default TV show view so under a series there are seasons (unless only one season is available).  A way to easily configure this would be a alternative.

Centralize and make the setup parameters for Theaterview much more logical.

Make a wizard available to make the setup of Theaterview easier.

Configurable skip fwd/backward with 2 levels, IE so I can skip fwd 30 back 15 and 5 fwd 5 back using a remote.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:28 am »

Convert DVDs to MKV but keep the DVD menus, so we can choose the audio track, the subs and watch the extras as if we were using the DVD, but with MKV files that uses a whole lot less space and maintain the same quality.

+1 except I would like to be able to maintain it in lossless quality as well. Something like what makemkv does.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2012, 01:52:49 am »

Make "TV Guide" follow the real time. Today, if I watch televsion and return to the guide after an hour the guide is still at the time where I entered it one hour ago. It can be confusing - especially when the family has to use it.

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2012, 04:22:11 am »

- Lovefilm and BBCIplayer support in moview view would be good. Both are avaialable in the uk at least on the ps3.
- Also a front end for Blu-Ray play back

Cheers

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2012, 06:55:36 am »

+1 for love film and bbc iplayer support

audioriver

« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2012, 09:09:06 am »

Make text subtitle settings independent of Windows regional settings. I recently had to change system locale and restart to be able to get non-garbled Greek subtitles with MC 17 again.
Windows 10 Pro x64

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:44 am »

The ability to get movie/TV info from MULTIPLE sources from one import, plus control over what image to pull if multiple are available.  Right now I have to individually run get info at least twice for each movie since Rotten Tomatoes has the 'critic score', and TMDB has better/multiple genre info.  Then after that I still have to manually search TMDB for the correct thumbnail to use since the 'default' is frequently either a foreign poster or not the one I would want.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2012, 05:27:51 pm »

The ability to get movie/TV info from MULTIPLE sources from one import, plus control over what image to pull if multiple are available.  Right now I have to individually run get info at least twice for each movie since Rotten Tomatoes has the 'critic score', and TMDB has better/multiple genre info.  Then after that I still have to manually search TMDB for the correct thumbnail to use since the 'default' is frequently either a foreign poster or not the one I would want.
+22

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:41 am »

Google Music integration. I have all my Music on their cloud and I would like to use Media Center, instead of my browser.

And a Media Extender!

I very much want MC on ALL my tv's in my house, but I cant at the moment without a media extender!

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16:04 pm »

Get Transcoding to actually work.  I now have to use Airvideo to transcode from avi to mp4 for my IPad.  It works great, but I woul much prefer NOT to have to have 2 servers running on my computer (JRiver and Airvideo)

Dave

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

Get Transcoding to actually work.  I now have to use Airvideo to transcode from avi to mp4 for my IPad.  It works great, but I woul much prefer NOT to have to have 2 servers running on my computer (JRiver and Airvideo)

Dave

And get it working with complete user control.  Look at the configuration options for PS3 Media Server as an example of the level of control I am talking about. 

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2012, 06:43:23 am »

https support so I can access my library through the corporate firewall!

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2012, 03:26:03 am »

Sometimes the MC notification icon loses it's settings set in the windows taskbar due to reporting a different title depending on the currently playing song. That should be fixed.

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2012, 05:40:35 am »

Advances and improvements in the way JRiver plays back lossless files from memory

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2012, 01:44:04 pm »

Not sure if these were suggested yet...

the ability to rename files using the client
the ability to assign an image file using the client and have it sync back to the server

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2012, 11:13:05 am »

1. Option to Save Background Images in Artist/Movie Folder.

Because my HTPC is not always connected to the internet.And it would be possible to add my own Background Images.
  +Options:-Using Internet for Background Images or not.
               -Existing Images in Folders should be deleted or not when grabbing them from the net or only added.
               -Choose how many Images should be saved
               -Quality?

2. Editable Play Count Tag

Many of us listen to songs for a long time.But after a few Years some Songs aren't that good anymore as they were at the beginning.But they are still good songs and perhaps after a while you can hear them again.
I think each of us know this 'Problem'.
So it would be good if we could lower the play count and not only set them to 0.

3. Better integration of Internet Radio

-Creating Playlists
   -Better Display of Tag Informations (Standard and Theater View)
   -Simply said 'A nicer Look' for Both Standard and Theater View.

4. Full BluRay Support (Menu,etc,...)

5. 3D Support

-A 3D Theater View Skin would be nice (Frame-Packing,SBS,OU)
   -Supporting all 3D Modes: SBS,OU,Frame Packing
   -3D BluRay Support
   -2Dto3D Feature would be nice. Like other players can do already now.

6. Backgound Images should be searched in Original Filename Tag in first place for Movies.

I'm from Austria and i get wrong Background Images for some Movies because of the different Filenames in other Countries.So I think I'm not the only one with this problem and this should solve it.
If the Original Filename Tag is empty MC should search for Background Images like before.

7. A Sleep Timer option when exiting through Theater View

This option is missing a long time ago.I often use the sleep timer Plugin for MC,but I have to activate the mouse function on my remote, each time want to use it.Can't be that difficult to integrate it in Theater View as a Feature in MC.Many Hardware Players and TV's support it.Why not MC?

8. And of course putting the Audiophile Level as high as MC Team can go. ;D

That would be my Wish List for Christmas. ;D
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:46 pm »

2. Editable Play Count Tag

Many of us listen to songs for a long time.But after a few Years some Songs aren't that good anymore as they were at the beginning.But they are still good songs and perhaps after a while you can hear them again.
I think each of us know this 'Problem'.
So it would be good if we could lower the play count and not only set them to 0.

FYI: this can be done already.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2012, 05:53:32 pm »

Ok,but one question:

Why not make the original Tag editable in normal Tag Editor Window the easy way? Complicated? Problems? ?
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up