INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker Shootout August 3 - Featuring JRiver for Playback & EQ  (Read 2081 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Last year I participated in a Subwoofer Shootout that was a lot of fun. On Friday I am driving 3 hours to Kansas City and a group of guys is listening to four speaker setups. I will be using JRiver for playback and creating playlists when I get there using the Particle feature. This will make it very easy to create playlists of both music and movies.

I am taking an Asrock Core 100HT for playback and will be using HDMI output to a Pioneer receiver. Room Correction and Parametric Equalizer DSPs will be used in JRiver. Internal volume will be used with the reference level set for each speaker setup. I'll probably setup a zone for each speakers setup and the we can just switch zones depending on which speakers are hooked up. The reason for using separate zones is because the distance, crossover, and volume settings will probably differ.

The speakers that will be listened to are JTR Speakers Triple 8, Elemental Designs eD[c]12, Chase Home Theater SHO-10, and Bill Fitzmaurice DR250. These are all internet direct companies with the exception of the Bill Fitmaurices speakers. These speakers are built by custom builders throughout the world or you can buy plans and build them yourself. All the speakers are considered to be highly efficient with sensitivities ranging from 97 dB to 109 dB for a stacked pair of Bill Fitzmaurice DR250's.

There is a thread started at AVS Forum regarding the shootout.
Pages: [1]   Go Up