INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody Out There?  (Read 1955 times)

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Anybody Out There?
« on: August 07, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »

Is PMC extrememly unpopular or something? There never seem to be any new features, and every time I come to this forum, all the posts are months old.

Seems to me that with a little work PMC could kick Spotify's a--, but nobody seems to care about it.

What gives?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Anybody Out There?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:12:48 pm »

The Performer store is built into MC now.

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:51:35 pm »

I know that. I've been a customer since it was released.

It works great in MC, but it doesn't really compete with Spotify. Mainly because it won't allow me to stream PS music to my mobile device, but also becuase it doesn't have some of the cool bells and whistles that Spotify does.

Honestly, I don't really care about the bells and whistles that much. I just want to be able to listen to PS music when I'm away from a PC.

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 04:42:39 am »

Is PMC extremely unpopular or something? There never seem to be any new features, and every time I come to this forum, all the posts are months old.

... I have the same feeling. It looks like Performer is not taken much care of.

I use it to listen to or download some music or even buy some mp3. However I would like to see a better "what's new" or "latest updates" area, like Rhapsody has it. Whenever you go to "New Releases" it's the same old stuff from moth ago and the new ones are not shown. Also the genre structure could be a little more sophisticted e.g. not only Jazz, but break jazz down into sub-generes like smooth jazz etc. (again like Rhapsody does it).

Also subscribers could get a weekly or monthly newsletter like HD tracks does it. Helps selling I think.

Also the bit rate could be more than 128 for listening and downloading.

Pages: [1]   Go Up