INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD-A & BD-A  (Read 1279 times)

GaryWW

• World Citizen
DVD-A & BD-A
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:55:32 pm »

Being new to MC, I am still trying things out. As a test, I ripped a DVD-A disk (Eagles - Hotel California) and a BD-A (Blu-ray Audio only) disk (Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedoes). They show up in the GUI under Movies as you would expect but I would like them under Audio /DVD-A and Audio / BD-A but yet still play as videos. Is this possible? Is Media Sub-Type customizable? Or will I have to request an update to MC specifically for DVD-A and BD-A support?

Thanks,
Gary

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVD-A & BD-A
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:06:07 pm »

Welcome to the board.  Try setting the tag called Media Type to Audio and Media Subtype to Video.  I don't know if you can or if it will work.  There isn't a lot of flexibility with these because the types are used in MC to decide how to handle them.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:19:47 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't quite do it; it was moved to the Audio section but when I played it, the audio was downconverted (from 6 ch to 2 ch) and I don't see any option to correct that.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 09:58:58 pm »

I found a solution that works for me. Since the Theatre View is where it is really important, to me, to separate the HD audio from the videos, I found out how to customize the Theatre View to include an HD Audio menu item and I put the BD-As and DVD-As under it and excluded them from the videos.  :D

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:33:03 pm »

when I played it, the audio was downconverted (from 6 ch to 2 ch) and I don't see any option to correct that.
It is possible that rather than being down-converted, the audio stream that was played was actually the stereo track. For the BD at least MC will just play the default track. You could hover over the "Audio Path" information box (right most button under the information window) to see if MC is playing a 6 channel or 2 channel track.

If you try right-click > Stacks > Advanced > Particles > Auto-Create particles from DVD or BD (this might be slightly off, as I don't have MC in front of me at the moment), you might find that it creates a new "particle" that contains the surround mix. I believe the Wiki has some information on particles, but you can think of them as a "virtual file" or a playlist, loosely speaking.

If you can get this to work, it should give you more flexibility creating views down the line.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

The Audio Path showed that the audio was being down-converted. Thanks for the tip on particles. I'll investigate that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up