INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get web video to play using j river audio engine anymore  (Read 1774 times)

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
Can't get web video to play using j river audio engine anymore
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:52:05 am »

Hi, I use j river's "connected media" option to watch youtube videos, choosing to open the videos in the j river player which allows me to play these videos with asio audio output. However I must have clicked the wrong option recently by mistake and now the list of options concerning how you want to play the videos no longer appears and the video's output is no longer asio.
I've searched through the options in media center but can't seem to find anyway to get my web video asio output back. Please help anyone?

fooze

• Junior Woodchuck
  • TURN IT UP
Re: Can't get web video to play using j river audio engine anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 05:07:00 am »

This has happened to me as well. I tried resetting dialog options but it didn't help.

fooze

• Junior Woodchuck
  • TURN IT UP
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:36:58 am »

Tried a reinstall too... No luck. Tried changing the browser to Chromium but it just crashes media center when you try to open a new tab in standard view.

EarlK

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:27:36 am »

All my web-based media have only ( ever ) played through the computers "default" soundcard .

(FWIW), I'm a relatively new user ( MC17 in Jan. 2012 ) but I've never ever had any web-based media ( YouTube, streaming video  from Canadian TV network's , etc. ) play through the jriver audio engine .

I eventually assumed this was the way that it was meant to be ( it would be nice if web-based media was able to be processed by the MC audio engine ) .

EarlK

fooze

• Junior Woodchuck
  • TURN IT UP
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 07:34:25 am »

I used to load up Youtube in a MC standard view tab then download the videos to my library. Now all it does is start playing the video in the tab through my default soundcard.

I've even tried installing the new IE9 and that didn't work either :(

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:49:34 pm »

EarlK, it can process web-based media through it's own audio engine, when you first install it and click on a web video a dialog pops up which asks you which of a variety of options you want to use to play the video. One of these options is something like "play the video inside media center" or something like that, which opens the video within media center using media center's video and audio engines.
If you ever select another option though it seems that the dialog never appears again and you're stuck with the web media opening using internet explorer's engine within media center.
I think the way I restored it once before was to uninstall/reinstall along with deleting all my settings; reinstalling with your settings intact doesn't solve it.
Obviously this is a major hassle I'd rather avoid if I could.

EarlK

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:33:06 am »

HP,

Thanks for that  ( hmmm, who knew !?! ) .

I had previously checked out the Wiki area about this very question / but it's not mentioned there ( that I could find ) .

Thanks for the clarification <> EarlK

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 04:15:35 am »

Ah, I see after installing the latest version (17.0.186) that the dialog popup is restored for media links in media center: select the option that says "Play the file inside the player" to get media center to open the web video using media center's audio engine and settings for audio output; if the popup doesn't appear for you, you can hold the Ctrl key while clicking a media link in media center to bring up the list of choices again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up