INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media keys not working  (Read 962 times)

ThierryA

• Recent member
Media keys not working
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:26 am »

Hello,

Made a quick search on the forum but the post I found were related to MC 11 and I'm using latest MC17.

The problem:
Today I got my brand new MS Natural keyboard 7000, and multimedia keys (play/pause and next previous) only work if MC is in focus
As soon as MC is in the background, the keys have no effect.
Before that I was using a Logitech and it worked as expected.

Same MS keyboard work OK with other media programs (tested MS media center and Winamp)

I don't want to have to get MC17 in front each time I want to pause the playing or skip a song. Is there a solution ?
Thanks

ThierryA

• Recent member
Re: Media keys not working
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:48:21 am »

OK, I obviously made my search a bit too fast it seems  :-[

Searching a bit better I found a solution that does not imply uninstalling MS drivers and software.
So here it is in case somebody else needs it:

MS Keyboard application do not manage keys in a standard way (surprise surprise...) so the solution is tu assign the keys a command and not a function
For play pause, use MC17.exe /command pause
For Next and previous, use MC17.exe /command next and MC17.exe /command previous

No need to specify a path: as long as MC is running it will get and process the command.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Media keys not working
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:05:30 am »

Microsoft's IntelliType software does not allow the media keys to work with JRiver. If it is installed, uninstall it and the media keys should work fine even when JRiver is not in focus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up