INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video streaming using webgizmo on the iPhone (4S)  (Read 2942 times)

spiritian

• Recent member
Video streaming using webgizmo on the iPhone (4S)
« on: September 23, 2012, 03:33:32 pm »

Hi!

I've recently become familiar with Webgizmo. I have no trouble organizing the way my files are displayed when using it in my browser, and everything loads really nicely. That is, until I get to the actual video I want to play.

See, when I play in the browser on my computer (windows 7 64 bit) everything loads like it's powered by Thor's hammer and video streaming is lightning fast. On the browser on my phone, however, things are a bit different. I can get to the actual place where the movie should be playing. Then, when I click play, there is a kind of spinning wheel as it it's loading... and it just never stops loading. It won't actually play the video. Is this a known issue? Am I missing an encoding setting somewhere (if so, where?)

Also, I remember reading about 3rd-party apps for JRiver media center. Are any of them for the iPhone? Whereabouts would I find those?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before, I spent about an hour searching the forums with no luck.

Thank you for your time!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video streaming using webgizmo on the iPhone (4S)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:23:12 pm »

Video on iDevices is something we are still working on. The old method was flash, the new is html5 mpeg4 ts however the iDevices can't use that directly (at least not through iOS 5).

jreigner

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »

I use JRemote on many iOS phones and tablets and works great. wish it would play more than mp4 video types though.....

Jong

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:16 am »

Hi  :) Could someone explain what the latest situation is on video streaming via dlna or and WebGizmo to iDevices (iPhone 5 and iPad). At the moment I am very confused!

• Does it work at all?
  • Some posts suggest Plugplayer is the answer, but don't want to pay out for that unless I am sure. Is it needed? Does it even help!? I currently have iMediaShare and that works perfectly for audio and photos, just not video, at least as I currently have MC configured. I don't want to buy PlugPlayer to find it uses the same underlying playback infrastruture as other DLNA apps!
  • Whatever player works, if one does, what settings are needed for the MC DLNA server?

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:48:54 pm »

Hi  :) Could someone explain what the latest situation is on video streaming via dlna or and WebGizmo to iDevices (iPhone 5 and iPad). At the moment I am very confused!

• Does it work at all?
  • Some posts suggest Plugplayer is the answer, but don't want to pay out for that unless I am sure. Is it needed? Does it even help!? I currently have iMediaShare and that works perfectly for audio and photos, just not video, at least as I currently have MC configured. I don't want to buy PlugPlayer to find it uses the same underlying playback infrastruture as other DLNA apps!
  • Whatever player works, if one does, what settings are needed for the MC DLNA server?

Thanks.
We are still working on the webgizmo video for iDevices.
As far as DLNA goes, the video would have to be in iDevice compatible format to begin with. The iDevices don't support any of our possible conversions for streaming (they don't do flash, mpeg2 or mpeg4ts as a single file). The two problems are related. Once we have a streaming conversion profile for iDevices they will both work.

Jong

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »

Once again, Bob, thank you for a swift and thorough answer. I can now wait patiently for you to announce iDevice support :)

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:41:43 pm »

We are still working on the webgizmo video for iDevices.
As far as DLNA goes, the video would have to be in iDevice compatible format to begin with. The iDevices don't support any of our possible conversions for streaming (they don't do flash, mpeg2 or mpeg4ts as a single file). The two problems are related. Once we have a streaming conversion profile for iDevices they will both work.

Any update on this bob?

Cheers

SBR

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:12 pm »

No yet, still on the list though :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 01:03:13 am »

Five months on and this still doesn't seem to work in version 18.0209.

Any progress? Any hope? An early addition to version 19 perhaps?

I was hoping to increase the WAF by offering video streaming to an iPad.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 03:13:20 pm »

The streaming conversion is still on the list but hasn't bubbled up to the top yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up