INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application to auto run comskip -new app  (Read 820 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Application to auto run comskip -new app
« on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:36 pm »

Not sure if anyone would be interested, but I am creating an app that sits in the system tray that will watch you recorded TV folder for new .ts files, and once they are created will run comskip.exe on them.  It is configurable to choose where comskip.exe is located on your hard drive, and where your recorded TV folder is located.  There is also an option to start with windows, but that is not implemented yet, so it would be best to put it in your startup folder.

I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, so that is it.  I have not been able to test it fully yet, but will try to do more testing tonight to make sure it works...

If no one is interested, no worries, but it seems to be easier than some of the other options I have seen posted.

mm0

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Application to auto run comskip -new app
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:22:00 am »

Very good of you to be doing this app and sharing it. I don't see a link to it. Is it not yet available?

I'm the one that posted the guide to using the Comskip Monitor that was developed for SageTV, but your approach sounds much cleaner and easier to use.

You might also consider making a post about this in the TV section of the Forum

Thanks,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up