INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help using a Media Center Remote for video playback theater mode  (Read 1032 times)

ajowers

• World Citizen

I run my htpc in theater mode without mouse or keyboard.

Now, this may be an issue with my particular remote... I have Win 7 certified remote by Rosewill I bought from NewEgg.com.

I have no problem with audio playback and navigation.

I can use the remote to browse and launch a video.  while playing video, the up/down arrows activate settings menus, etc.  This is normal.

I read on the screen that the green button will exit the video but it does not.  At first it launched Windows Media Center, so I disabled it in the options menus.

I have to walk over to my HTPC and plug in a usb mouse and click around until I can get it to go back into the menus which is not very impressive or convenient.

The "back" button does not terminate video playback nor does the "stop" button.  "Left" skip back frames.

Can someone explain the proper use of the remote to me during video playback or do I have a remote incompatability?  Maybe I can "train" my remote ?

I have scanned the wiki but apparently I am missing the chapter on "how to use a remote"

I am on the 18.0.48.  OS = Win 7 Home Prem 64 bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up